Author Topic: Here’s The Truth About Criminals Pouring Over The Southern Border CNN Is Trying To Hide  (Read 211 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Here’s The Truth About Criminals Pouring Over The Southern Border CNN Is Trying To Hide
BY: ELLE PURNELL
OCTOBER 18, 2022

The significance of 25,000 convicts notwithstanding, merely looking at criminal records vastly undercounts how many criminals cross the border.

CNN’s Dana Bash is trying to make the number of dangerous criminals pouring over the southern U.S. border sound far lower than it really is.

“Less than 1 percent of migrants encountered at the border have a criminal record,” Bash said while interviewing Republican Arizona gubernatorial candidate Kari Lake on Sunday, claiming to cite Department of Homeland Security figures.

“I’m going to have to disagree with you on that figure you just put out,” Lake countered. “We don’t know what their background is. There’s a reason they’re trying to get in unnoticed; it’s because they have a criminal background.”

https://thefederalist.com/2022/10/18/heres-the-truth-about-criminals-pouring-over-the-southern-border-cnn-is-trying-to-hide/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson