Author Topic: An interview with top climate scientist Bjorn Stevens  (Read 217 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
An interview with top climate scientist Bjorn Stevens
« on: October 24, 2022, 04:44:16 pm »
An interview with top climate scientist Bjorn Stevens
Posted on October 22, 2022 by niclewis | 76 Comments
by Nic Lewis

This week Die Zeit published an interview with Bjorn Stevens. Die Zeit is the largest German weekly newspaper (circulation well over one million), and has a highly educated readership. 

Bjorn Stevens is Director at the Max Planck Institute for Meteorology, the principal German climate science research and modeling centre. He is very well known for his work on climate sensitivity, aerosols and, particularly, clouds. Professor Stevens is an excellent scientist and a key figure in the climate science establishment. He is joint lead co-ordinator of the World Climate Research Programme’s Grand Challenge on Clouds, Circulation and Climate Sensitivity, and led the 2015 Ringberg Castle workshop that kicked off its climate sensitivity arm.

The interviewer, Max Rauner, an experienced science journalist with a PhD in physics, focused mainly on clouds, however Stevens also had interesting things to say about pronouncements by alarmist climate scientists. An English translation of the interview appears below.

https://judithcurry.com/2022/10/22/an-interview-with-top-climate-scientist-bjorn-stevens/#more-29241
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson