Author Topic: Weekly Climate and Energy News Roundup #524  (Read 189 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Weekly Climate and Energy News Roundup #524
« on: October 24, 2022, 04:39:54 pm »
Weekly Climate and Energy News Roundup #524
7 hours ago Guest Blogger 4 Comments
The Week That Was: 2022-10-22 (October 22, 2022)
Brought to You by SEPP (www.SEPP.org)
The Science and Environmental Policy Project
Quote of the Week: “And it is of paramount importance, in order to make progress, that we recognize this ignorance and this doubt. Because we have doubt, we then propose looking in new ideas. The rate of development of science is not the rate at which you make observations alone but, much more important, the rate at which you create new things to test.” — Richard Feynman, The Meaning of It All

Number of the Week: Down 36.5%

THIS WEEK:

By Ken Haapala, President, Science and Environmental Policy Project (SEPP)

Scope: This TWTW will focus on the following developments:

Roy Spencer compared the latest 50-year summer surface temperatures trends for the 48 contiguous states of the US with modeled trends from 36 CMIP-6 (Coupled Model Intercomparison Project) climate models. They are all show too much warming, and the average is almost two times actual trends. The period covers 1973 to 2022.

Physicist Ralph Alexander produced a brief report for the Global Warming Policy Foundation (GWPF). Paul Homewood describes it:

“A new paper from the Global Warming Policy Foundation reveals how sober factual information in official climate reports is steadily distorted in moving from the original text (written by scientists) to the Summary for Policymakers (written by political hacks), to the official press releases (written by public relations officials), and then to the media coverage (written by journalists).”

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/10/24/weekly-climate-and-energy-news-roundup-524-2/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson