Author Topic: WHEN ‘THE BOYS’ ARE BACK IN TOWN: A SPECIAL OPS VET EXPLAINS WHY ELITE UNITS TRAIN IN US CITIES  (Read 164 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WHEN ‘THE BOYS’ ARE BACK IN TOWN: A SPECIAL OPS VET EXPLAINS WHY ELITE UNITS TRAIN IN US CITIES

October 22, 2022 ·Joshua Skovlund

Throughout the late summer and early fall, news reports emerged from two US cities of clandestine special operations soldiers flying among skyscrapers and “raiding” local buildings.

In August, black helicopters dove amid the buildings in downtown San Antonio, Texas, as soldiers ran through parking lots wearing quad-tube night vision goggles.

In September, police in Phoenix warned the public that the city and nearby Peoria, Arizona, would be the scene of “air and ground operations” for “essential military training.”

the unit delta force special operations
Green Berets with 5th Special Forces Group land prior to overtaking a vehicle at Fort Campbell, Kentucky, on August 23, 2017. Army photo by Sergeant 1st Class Iman Broady-Chin.

Though the Army would not confirm what unit was involved, a soldier who spent two decades in the Army’s most secretive Special Missions Unit confirmed to Coffee or Die Magazine a suspicion widely reported in several media outlets — that the exercises were run by his former unit and the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment.

https://www.coffeeordie.com/boys-are-back-in-town
« Last Edit: October 24, 2022, 11:23:24 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson