Author Topic: Archbishop Chaput: Joe Biden ‘Not in Communion with the Catholic Faith’  (Read 650 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Archbishop Chaput: Joe Biden ‘Not in Communion with the Catholic Faith’

Thomas D. Williams, Ph.D.  23 Oct 2022

ROME — The formidable former archbishop of Philadelphia, Charles Chaput, said Saturday that President Joe Biden is not in communion with the Catholic Church, warning that any priest who gives him Holy Communion “participates in his hypocrisy.”

Speaking at a Eucharistic symposium in the diocese of Arlington on October 22, Archbishop Chaput said that “Biden’s apostasy on the abortion issue” is the most “repugnant example” of cultural assimilation of Catholics into secular America, while insisting that this sort of apostasy should prompt significant public consequences.

“When you freely break communion with the Church of Jesus Christ and her teachings, you can’t pretend to be in communion when it’s convenient,” Chaput stated.

“That’s a form of lying,” he said. “Mr. Biden is not in communion with the Catholic faith. And any priest who now provides Communion to the president participates in his hypocrisy.”

In the past, Mr. Biden said he was personally opposed to abortion and opposed using taxpayer dollars to fund it, but he now fully supports abortion-on-demand and has made abortion rights a hallmark of his presidency.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/faith/2022/10/23/archbishop-chaput-joe-biden-not-in-communion-with-the-catholic-faith/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Obviously.

Offline aligncare

Normally, treading in these waters can be tricky (questioning someone’s faith). But, the bishop’s got Biden on some pretty solid ground here.  I hope Catholics and people of all faiths come to realize how wrong abortion is as a means of birth control and how wrong Biden is in his duplicitous use of abortion to suit the political occasion.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Excommunicating Joe will solve all his problems.  He can all-in for killing the unborn and euthanize the old and infirm.  Speaking of the latter, maybe Joe should try out that option for the good of the country.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline verga

:amen: We need a "Duh" emoji. He now needs to call out Pelosi as well.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
:yowsa: 888high58888
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline verga

:yowsa: 888high58888
I would even settle for a "Captain Obvious" one.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.