Author Topic: Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton Leads 17-State Coalition Fighting Federal Energy Power Grab  (Read 353 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton Leads 17-State Coalition Fighting Federal Energy Power Grab

Kenneth Artz
October 21, 2022

Texas Attorney General (AG) Ken Paxton is leading a coalition of 17 state attorneys general who sent a letter to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), pushing back against the agencies proposed rule granting increased electrical grid oversight to itself.

In his press release, Paxton states that the proposed rule would compromise the ability of states to determine the most efficient mix of energy sources for their own electrical grids.

Paxton says the new rule will also force states to cover the costs of expensive regional transmission lines to support so-called “green” energy generation, even when such expenditures contradict a state or group of state’s needs and decrease grid efficiency and reliability.

The proposal will also grant FERC the authority to layout and approve expansions of the electrical grid, regardless of states’ needs, desires, and traditional authority to make such decisions on their own.

https://heartlanddailynews.com/2022/10/texas-attorney-general-ken-paxton-leads-17-state-coalition-fighting-federal-energy-power-grab/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I have maintained for many years that on voting ballots there should be another choice, none of the above, to prevent collusion of the government against the people.  Since Republicans and democrats seem to work in such harmony on issues such as global warming, immigration, police protection, etc., voters should have an extra shot at getting rid of politicians who want to CREATE CRISES enabling Uncle Sam to take control of Americans. 22222frying pan 
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton Leads 17-State Coalition Fighting Federal Energy Power Grab

Kenneth Artz
October 21, 2022

Texas Attorney General (AG) Ken Paxton is leading a coalition of 17 state attorneys general who sent a letter to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), pushing back against the agencies proposed rule granting increased electrical grid oversight to itself.

In his press release, Paxton states that the proposed rule would compromise the ability of states to determine the most efficient mix of energy sources for their own electrical grids.

Paxton says the new rule will also force states to cover the costs of expensive regional transmission lines to support so-called “green” energy generation, even when such expenditures contradict a state or group of state’s needs and decrease grid efficiency and reliability.

The proposal will also grant FERC the authority to layout and approve expansions of the electrical grid, regardless of states’ needs, desires, and traditional authority to make such decisions on their own.

https://heartlanddailynews.com/2022/10/texas-attorney-general-ken-paxton-leads-17-state-coalition-fighting-federal-energy-power-grab/
« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 05:48:13 pm by rangerrebew »
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

OMFG, the Biden Admin wants utility rate payers in Red States to subsidize windmills, solar panels, and battery storage in Blue States.

FERC won't be able to do that for free.  Would there be any additional FERC fees added to electric bills like the FCC adds to phone bills?

Before all you 10th Amendment / States' Rights types get your panties in a bunch ... remember a fee is not a tax ... because they are two different words that are spelled differently.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 06:28:05 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
OMFG, the Biden Admin wants utility rate payers in Red States to subsidize windmills, solar panels, and battery storage in Blue States.

Yep, they are essentially using the Hunger Games Method of making and distributing energy. Red States make it, Woke Bi-Coastal states get it.

You and I freeze, or starve.
The Republic is lost.

Offline MOD4

Merge duplicates.