Author Topic: The Army Brief: Hybrid vehicles coming to the battlefield; Drone data in NVGs; Making intel feeds be  (Read 156 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Army Brief: Hybrid vehicles coming to the battlefield; Drone data in NVGs; Making intel feeds better; and more
MARCUS WEISGERBER | OCTOBER 21, 2022
THE ARMY BRIEF ARMY

Welcome to The Army Brief, a weekly look at the news and ideas shaping the service’s future.

It’s not a Prius. The U.S. Army is getting close to operating ground vehicles with hybrid electric engines, Defense One reports. For the military, hybrid and electric vehicles are not just about saving the planet, but also saving soldiers’ lives. They run quieter and emit less heat than ones running on a combustion engine, helping to conceal them from sensors on satellites, aircraft, and missiles. In fact, the personnel carrier that will replace the four-decade-old Bradley fighting vehicle will likely have a hybrid engine.

Seeing what the troops see. L3Harris Technologies wants soldiers to be able to see drone video feeds on the company’s night vision goggles. The goggles are designed to fit over a soldier's helmet and give them key information, such as location and map data, thermal imaging, and rapid target acquisition or line of sight connected to a soldier’s weapon for accurate shooting, Defense One’s Lauren Williams reports.

Making intel officers smarter.  The U.S. Army is testing a cloud-based data analytics platform that fuses all different types of intelligence feeds, both military and commercial, Defense One’s Lauren Williams reports. The platform recently completed testing with military intelligence battalions at Fort Gordon, in Georgia.

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2022/10/the-army-brief-october-21-2022/378740/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson