Author Topic: Abortion Harms Fathers Too  (Read 613 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Abortion Harms Fathers Too
« on: October 22, 2022, 07:38:10 pm »
Abortion Harms Fathers Too
The Federalist, Oct 21, 2022

Thirty-four years ago, President Ronald Reagan and Congress named October Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month. Their goal was “to increase our understanding of the great tragedy involved in the deaths of unborn and newborn babies” and to raise awareness of how to “meet the needs of bereaved parents".

But I didn’t need the president of the United States to tell me about the grief of losing a child. Six months before the declaration, I lost my first of three children. Like many parents who lose a child, I felt confusion, grief, and sorrow. But unlike those who lose a child through stillbirth or miscarriage, I had no one to help me come to terms with my pain, because my child was aborted. 

Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month has done a great deal to open people’s minds and hearts about miscarriage and stillbirth, but there is still widespread misunderstanding about how abortion harms both women and men. My story of lost fatherhood is common, but it is also commonly misunderstood.

More:  https://thefederalist.com/2022/10/21/abortion-harms-fathers-too/