Author Topic: Senator Rick Scott Says GOP Has Path to 55 Seat Majority in the Senate  (Read 997 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Senator Rick Scott from Florida believes the GOP could hold a 55-seat majority in the US Senate after the upcoming 2022 elections.

The Hill reported on Senator Scott’s comments yesterday:

National Republican Senatorial Committee Chairman Rick Scott (Fla.) says Republicans will likely control 52 Senate seats next year and have a pathway to a 55-seat majority, given how recent polls show GOP candidates picking up momentum.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/10/senator-rick-scott-says-gop-path-55-seat-majority-senate/
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

Re: Senator Rick Scott Says GOP Has Path to 55 Seat Majority in the Senate
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2022, 09:49:30 pm »
That's supposed to be reassuring??  The GOP needs to hold that Senate majority after the '22 mid-terms.  Taking the House (and I'm skeptical) isn't going to be enough to do much of anything.

Some in the GOP spout off about impeaching Joe and others.  While impeachments are started in the House, it also takes the Senate to actually finish the job.

I don't like Scott and this IMO is much a do about nothing.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2022, 09:53:26 pm »
Nevada, Georgia, Arizona, and Pennsylvania will make it 53.  What are the other two Scott is counting on?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2022, 10:04:21 pm »
Nevada, Georgia, Arizona, and Pennsylvania will make it 53.  What are the other two Scott is counting on?

He's talking about a 'pathway' to 55 -- I assumed he was talking about 55 in '24. :shrug:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2022, 10:11:37 pm »
Pathway?  We should be at 53 right now had the Republicans stood up against election-stealing.  Gaining Arizona & Nevada, and holding Pennsylvania would give us 55.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2022, 10:46:03 pm »
Pathway?  We should be at 53 right now had the Republicans stood up against election-stealing.  Gaining Arizona & Nevada, and holding Pennsylvania would give us 55.

Therein lies part of the problem; the GOP rarely stands up against the DEMS on any issue and if they start to, they eventually cave.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2022, 10:46:23 pm »
He is giving himself a pat on the back for being a successful chairman of National Republican Senatorial Committee.  Self-kudos.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2022, 10:57:54 pm »
There’s talk that bolduc could take nh, he’s a huge maga guy btw and a great candidate imo.

But nh never fails to disappoint me.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2022, 11:01:12 pm »
He is giving himself a pat on the back for being a successful chairman of National Republican Senatorial Committee.  Self-kudos.

Successful chairman of the NRSC?  That equates to bowing to the Turtle.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2022, 12:15:12 am »
There’s talk that bolduc could take nh, he’s a huge maga guy btw and a great candidate imo.

But nh never fails to disappoint me.

Considering that Bolduc is running his entire Senate campaign on less than 1 million dollars (while his Democrat opponent has close to $40 million), it is clear that the Republicans controlling all that Senate campaign money don't want him to win.  If Bolduc wins, his first vote should be to remove Mitch McConnell as Majority Leader.

If the GOP simply put up an effort here, they could easily pick up this seat.  But allegiance to the GOP Establishment is far more important than gaining GOP control of the Senate.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2022, 12:45:47 am »
Considering that Bolduc is running his entire Senate campaign on less than 1 million dollars (while his Democrat opponent has close to $40 million), it is clear that the Republicans controlling all that Senate campaign money don't want him to win.  If Bolduc wins, his first vote should be to remove Mitch McConnell as Majority Leader.

If the GOP simply put up an effort here, they could easily pick up this seat.  But allegiance to the GOP Establishment is far more important than gaining GOP control of the Senate.

Thank Mitch da Beeotch.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2022, 01:35:30 am »
WOW!

I hope he is right, even though I think it is doubtful.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2022, 06:04:00 pm »
That's supposed to be reassuring??  The GOP needs to hold that Senate majority after the '22 mid-terms.  Taking the House (and I'm skeptical) isn't going to be enough to do much of anything.

I think we take the House @libertybele  ----- and a fortified America First wing of the caucas would essentially end Biden's legislative agenda.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2022, 06:08:12 pm »
I think we take the House @libertybele  ----- and a fortified America First wing of the caucas would essentially end Biden's legislative agenda.

It worked so well with Speaker's Ryan and Boehner when Obama was in office.  The Dems weren't able to get anything passed.

Oh, wait . . .

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2022, 06:31:22 pm »
It worked so well with Speaker's Ryan and Boehner when Obama was in office.  The Dems weren't able to get anything passed.

Oh, wait . . .

Pity Ryan nd Boehner didn't have a unified America First sub-caucas to contend with.

Turn the damn page, Sparky.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2022, 06:36:23 pm »
Pity Ryan nd Boehner didn't have a unified America First sub-caucas to contend with.

Turn the damn page, Sparky.

That "caucus" disbanded 18 months ago.  Perhaps you are the one needing to turn the page.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2022, 07:17:09 pm »

Oh, wait . . .

Exactly.  I don't see that things have changed much.  Scott I believe wants to be Speaker but McCarthy I believe is the establishment's choice.  He will be no better than Ryan or Boehner and the GOP will have a do-nothing House which will negatively impact the '24 election.

I don't think that the DEMS are worried about the mid terms, their eyes have always been on '24.  That's why there's the push to ensure that Trump doesn't run and the wave of illegals coming across the border will almost ensure they win the WH.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2022, 07:20:03 pm by libertybele »

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2022, 07:50:31 pm »
I'll bet anyone we won't reach 55.  Wishful thinking if you ask me.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2022, 08:02:55 pm »
I'll bet anyone we won't reach 55.  Wishful thinking if you ask me.

Probably. Pessimism protects me from disappointment.

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2022, 08:06:13 pm »
Probably. Pessimism protects me from disappointment.

Same here, and the fact we are only talking about a half dozen tossups, gives the dims plenty of fodder and prep time for electoral fraud.

My exact take right now?  I am at 50% chance of 50/50 and another 50% chance we prevail 51/49
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2022, 08:14:01 pm »
I think we end up with 53 Republicans, 45 Democrats, and 2 hardline Communists.  But with any vote that counts, we will end up with Murkowski, Romney, and Collins voting with the Dems, plus Kamala to break the tie.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2022, 08:18:46 pm »
I think we end up with 53 Republicans, 45 Democrats, and 2 hardline Communists.  But with any vote that counts, we will end up with Murkowski, Romney, and Collins voting with the Dems, plus Kamala to break the tie.

Perhaps, but I think the GOP is going to lose some seats; Rubio's being one of them.   You are correct though, even IF the GOP somehow manages to take the Senate, there's still the undeniable problem of a RINO riddled Senate with Collins, Murkowski, and Romney who will vote along with the DEMS.

Scott IMO is full of hot air and not a whole lot more.