Author Topic: Canada's Trudeau announces ban on handgun sales, transfers, saying 'fewer guns means safer communiti  (Read 741 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
October 21, 2022 3:20pm EDT
Canada's Trudeau announces ban on handgun sales, transfers, saying 'fewer guns means safer communities'
Trudeau says handgun freeze is most aggressive Canadian gun control measure 'in a generation'
By Timothy H.J. Nerozzi | Fox News

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on Friday announced a freeze on handgun sales and transfers.

The handgun freeze, which went into effect Friday, outlaws sales, purchases and other transfers of handguns between individuals. Additionally, no foreign handguns may be brought into the country from abroad.

"Canadians have the right to feel safe in their homes, in their schools, and in their places of worship," Trudeau said in a statement on the freeze. "With handgun violence increasing across Canada, it is our duty to take urgent action to remove these deadly weapons from our communities. Today, we’re keeping more guns out of our communities, and keeping our kids safe."

The Prime Minister's Office released a document explaining Trudeau's thought process and the additional safety they hope to propagate via the handgun freeze.

"Fewer guns mean safer communities. That’s why the Government of Canada is implementing some of the strongest gun control measures in a generation," the office boasts on its website.

The statement continues, "Handguns are the weapon of choice in most firearm-related crimes, which is why limiting the number of handguns is a critical part of our plan to protect Canadians from gun violence."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/world/canada-trudeau-announces-ban-handgun-sales-transfers-saying-fewer-guns-means-safer-communities
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
It's really all but over for Canada. I no longer regard it as a "free" nation, not somewhere I would ever want to go.

But... this probably wouldn't have occurred if a large number of Canadians had not wanted it.

I'm wondering if Canada could eventually break apart, following the eventual breakup of the United States which is coming in the future. Perhaps then Quebec will finally declare its independence.

The loss of Quebec will split Canada in two -- more likely, into five "pieces"...

Online libertybele

It's really all but over for Canada. I no longer regard it as a "free" nation, not somewhere I would ever want to go.

But... this probably wouldn't have occurred if a large number of Canadians had not wanted it.

I'm wondering if Canada could eventually break apart, following the eventual breakup of the United States which is coming in the future. Perhaps then Quebec will finally declare its independence.

The loss of Quebec will split Canada in two -- more likely, into five "pieces"...

Definitely not the Canada that I always considered might be a move if the U.S. went down the tubes.  Europe and Canada are in trouble and the U.S.A. needs to pay attention and keep its eyes open to prevent making the same mistakes (though we're not far behind).
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

Definitely not the Canada that I always considered might be a move if the U.S. went down the tubes.  Europe and Canada are in trouble and the U.S.A. needs to pay attention and keep its eyes open to prevent making the same mistakes (though we're not far behind).

Not in  the Canucks I know... Albertans mostly, and wholly imbued with the Cowboy Way, which crosses the border like it ain't even there. Neither the inland BCers, who can be every bit as high-mountain hillbilly as anyone I know. In case you don't know it, both of those things are necessarily gun heavy.

The trucker's strike up in there has been deemed a failure - And maybe it looks it to the casual eye... But nothing could be further from the truth:

'True North, Strong and Free' rings like a clarion call from end to end.
This ain't no where near over.

Seems a likely time to open a few smuggling routes into the provinces...  :whistle:

Online libertybele

Not in  the Canucks I know... Albertans mostly, and wholly imbued with the Cowboy Way, which crosses the border like it ain't even there. Neither the inland BCers, who can be every bit as high-mountain hillbilly as anyone I know. In case you don't know it, both of those things are necessarily gun heavy.

The trucker's strike up in there has been deemed a failure - And maybe it looks it to the casual eye... But nothing could be further from the truth:

Seems a likely time to open a few smuggling routes into the provinces...  :whistle:

Good to know a much different perspective.   :beer:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

Gridlessness - A hillbilly family channel from British Columbia that I subscribe to...

It ain't no coincidence that he published this today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eus3z_eUnzU

Offline Kamaji

I expect there will be a sudden rash of boating acccidents in which, sadly, whole armories will be lost at the bottom of the lake. 

Online roamer_1

I expect there will be a sudden rash of boating acccidents in which, sadly, whole armories will be lost at the bottom of the lake.

It's a cryin shame.  **nononono*

happy77

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Handguns and long guns there have been treated differently for a long time. Handguns were much more heavily regulated, with permits required in advance to take the gun to the range and back, detailing route. No stopping for coffee on the way. Guns and ammo had to be locked up in separate locations, even in the home. Considering this, I have little doubt the government there knows what handguns should be where, tantamount to registration.

Attempts to register long guns in Canada met with defeat a few years back, simply because so many Canadians (estimates of over 50% refused to comply with the registration demands, and something Ottawa thought would go smoothly turned into a years long and unsuccessful process that wound up spending multiples of the original cost estimates. Finally, the Government scrapped the program.

I would expect even higher rates of noncompliance in the US if such demands were made (registration), and that civil disobedience is the only way to defeat such nonsense.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis