Author Topic: Today's D Brief: Iranians are in occupied Crimea, WH says; New EU, UK sanctions on Tehran; Natsec re  (Read 159 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Today's D Brief: Iranians are in occupied Crimea, WH says; New EU, UK sanctions on Tehran; Natsec review for Musk?; New drills near RoK; And a bit more.
BEN WATSON and JENNIFER HLAD | OCTOBER 21, 2022 11:03 AM ET
THE D BRIEF IRAN RUSSIA EUROPE ASIA-PACIFIC

The White House says Iranian troops are in occupied Crimea directly advising Russian forces during drone attacks inside Ukraine. “Russian military personnel that are based in Crimea have been piloting Iranian UAVs, using them to conduct strikes across Ukraine, including strikes against Kyiv in just recent days,” retired Navy Rear Adm. John Kirby of the National Security Council said Thursday. “We assess that Iranian military personnel were on the ground in Crimea and assisted Russia in these operations,” he alleged in a call with reporters.

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2022/10/the-d-brief-october-21-2022/378751/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson