Author Topic: The weather over the Lower 48 is pulling a radical switcheroo  (Read 1235 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The weather over the Lower 48 is pulling a radical switcheroo
« on: October 22, 2022, 11:01:41 am »
Matthew Cappucci - Yesterday 2:18 PM

They say, “If you don’t like the weather, wait 15 minutes.” For the next few days, the adage may not be that far from the truth. A dramatic seasonal reversal is set to scramble the air masses over the Lower 48, replacing summerlike warmth with chilly conditions in the West. The opposite will occur in the East as rather toasty temperatures overtake an acute autumn chill.

The national weather map has been a tale of a nation divided, with a highly amplified, or wavy, jet stream slicing across the heartland. The weather will remain split over the next week, but the warm and the cold will trade places. This will mean some remarkable temperature swings — in some places up to 70 degrees.

NOAA forecasts mild, dry winter for southern U.S., expanding drought
Amid this bifurcated weather pattern, dozens of records for heat, cold and even snow have already fallen. Marquette, Mich., saw its heaviest two-day snowfall observed in October. A whopping 18.1 inches fell between Monday and Tuesday, pasting the city with a sludge-like snow. Just days later, even the nighttime lows are above freezing, with daytime highs heading toward the mid-60s.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/the-weather-over-the-lower-48-is-pulling-a-radical-switcheroo/ar-AA13eQEi?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=9cb5739ca98f4304b3da5710ac088766
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: The weather over the Lower 48 is pulling a radical switcheroo
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2022, 03:28:26 pm »
It's been 90 or so here in the Mohave Desert the past week, and the forecast high for tomorrow is <70.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2022, 03:32:00 pm »

Matthew Cappucci - Yesterday 2:18 PM

They say, “If you don’t like the weather, wait 15 minutes.” For the next few days, the adage may not be that far from the truth. A dramatic seasonal reversal is set to scramble the air masses over the Lower 48, replacing summerlike warmth with chilly conditions in the West. The opposite will occur in the East as rather toasty temperatures overtake an acute autumn chill.

The national weather map has been a tale of a nation divided, with a highly amplified, or wavy, jet stream slicing across the heartland. The weather will remain split over the next week, but the warm and the cold will trade places. This will mean some remarkable temperature swings — in some places up to 70 degrees.

NOAA forecasts mild, dry winter for southern U.S., expanding drought
Amid this bifurcated weather pattern, dozens of records for heat, cold and even snow have already fallen. Marquette, Mich., saw its heaviest two-day snowfall observed in October. A whopping 18.1 inches fell between Monday and Tuesday, pasting the city with a sludge-like snow. Just days later, even the nighttime lows are above freezing, with daytime highs heading toward the mid-60s.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/the-weather-over-the-lower-48-is-pulling-a-radical-switcheroo/ar-AA13eQEi?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=9cb5739ca98f4304b3da5710ac088766

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Mod5

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2022, 03:44:39 pm »
Merged.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2022, 06:27:08 pm »
It's been 90 or so here in the Mohave Desert the past week, and the forecast high for tomorrow is <70.
Three inches of snow in our forecast....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2022, 05:30:09 am »
We had temps in the 20s (22 one night) the last week, it is warm tonight, had a bonfire.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2022, 08:50:48 am »
It's a regular winter wonderland out there, today, albeit the snow was extremely wet.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2022, 02:05:02 pm »
The western half of the U.S. just observed its coldest November in 22 years.

https://twitter.com/ChrisMartzWX/status/1598182645594468352
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2022, 02:26:17 pm »
*YAWN*

Eh... By a degree or two... This winter is by no means uncommon. In fact, it's fairly normal, with a nice fall, snow in time for hunting, and hard cold starting around Turkey Day.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2022, 02:47:43 pm »
*YAWN*

Eh... By a degree or two... This winter is by no means uncommon. In fact, it's fairly normal, with a nice fall, snow in time for hunting, and hard cold starting around Turkey Day.
Indeed. "Normal" weather for our area consists of occasional mild winters, occasional severe winters. This year we may get several feet of snow - or we won't - and there's not a darned thing we can do about it, either way.*

*I did get new tires yesterday, so at least I won't slide as much on snowy roads.  :0001:
« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 02:55:07 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2022, 02:50:36 pm »
Indeed. "Normal" weather for our area consists of occasional mild winters, occasional severe winters. This year we may get several feet of snow - or we won't - and there's not a darned thing we can do about it, either way.

YUP... Just do like we do out here... Let it snow.  happy77 :shrug:

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2022, 03:16:10 pm »
Trying to keep up with all the potential calamity indicators is exhausting.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck