Author Topic: China says cheap energy is more important than climate wish list  (Read 242 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
China says cheap energy is more important than climate wish list
by Jo Nova

China, dragon flag.The scariest thing is that a communist dictator seems more sensible than any democratic one.

He’s a tyrant, true, but one that can add up numbers. So it has come to pass that the largest coal fired nation in the world will burn even more coal because energy security today is more important than theoretically slowing storms in 2100 AD. China makes no secret of it, but hardly anyone is even talking about it.

In other news from the CCP convention, unlike the West, China won’t blow up their coal plans until the new replacement energy is ready to use. Which is handy if the replacement turns out to be a trillion dollar lemon.

Rather soberingly, for transition-fans, China makes 80% of all the solar panels on Earth but that’s not enough to dent the growth of Chinese coal demands. If these solar panels were so cheap and effective China would ban the sale of them.

https://joannenova.com.au/2022/10/china-says-cheap-energy-is-more-important-than-climate-wish-list/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=china-says-cheap-energy-is-more-important-than-climate-wish-list
« Last Edit: October 21, 2022, 02:53:26 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: China says cheap energy is more important than climate wish list
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2022, 02:57:01 pm »
I'll bet their military isn't wasting their time on green energy projects as ours is. **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson