Author Topic: An Army M1 Abrams tank dubbed 'A Horse With No Name' is riding through Poland  (Read 144 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

An Army M1 Abrams tank dubbed 'A Horse With No Name' is riding through Poland
Jared Keller - Yesterday 1:59 PM

As any regular reader of Task & Purpose knows by now, we’re big advocates for a well-named M1 Abrams main battle tank, from the humorous (A Thicc Boi) and belligerent (Dropped As A Baby) to the meaningful (Barbie Dreamhouse) and culturally relevant (Baby Yoda). Now yet another appropriately-dubbed Abrams is on watch, this time in Europe: “A Horse With No Name”

Clearly named for the hit song written by Dewey Bunnell, an Air Force brat, of the folk-rock band America in the early 1970s, the M1A2 Abrams appeared alongside other tanks from the 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 3rd Armored Brigade Combat Team, 4th Infantry Division (3-4 ABCT) during a Borsuk 2022 live-fire exercise with Polish partner forces in the country’s city of Nowa Deba last week.

Subscribe to Task & Purpose Today. Get the latest military news, entertainment, and gear in your inbox daily.

With a moderately temperate climate and lush greenery, the training ranges of Nowa Deba don’t necessarily evoke the same desert motifs that Bunnell described in his original song, inspired by long drives through California, Arizona, and New Mexico with his brother while the two lived at Vanderburg Air Force Base during their childhood.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/an-army-m1-abrams-tank-dubbed-a-horse-with-no-name-is-riding-through-poland/ar-AA13cnaM?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=b26bce343c8b406b998d5822eb12d13f
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson