Author Topic: More than 90% of Americans are worried about inflation: Staggering polls shows 70% believe America i  (Read 489 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
More than 90% of Americans are worried about inflation: Staggering polls shows 70% believe America is heading in the wrong direction and majority think economy will get worse in another dire sign for Democrats

A new poll shows that more than 90% of Americans are concerned with the economy and inflation
    80% say inflation will play a role in how they cast their ballot in November
    By nearly a 10 percent margin, Americans trust Republican in Congress over Democrats to handle economic issues – like inflation and jobs
    For the 38th week in a row, voters said the U.S. is going in the wrong direction

By Katelyn Caralle, U.S. Political Reporter For Dailymail.com

Published: 13:49 EDT, 19 October 2022 | Updated: 13:49 EDT, 19 October 2022

With just three weeks left until the midterm elections, 90 percent of Americans expressed concern about the state of the U.S. economy – and 80 percent say inflation will play a role in the way they cast their ballots in November.

Nearly 10 percent more respondents say they trust Republicans more than Democrats to handle inflation at the congressional level in a 46-37 percent margin, according to a Politico/Morning Consult poll released Wednesday.

The plurality of voters in the poll conducted October 14-16 say that they trust Republicans in Congress more to handle issues like jobs and the economy. When it comes to the economy overall, 46 percent of respondents say they trust the GOP while 45 percent said they believe Republicans could aptly handle jobs recovery.

The poll is yet another dire result for Democrats as Republicans vie to take back the majority in the House and Senate in the midst of an economic crisis that has seen 40-year high inflation and an impending recession.

The 2,005 Americans polled aren't optimistic, with 53 percent claiming they think the economy will only get worse in the next year.

Seventy-one percent of Republicans feel the economy will worsen, while only 33 percent of Democrats feel the same. A majority of independent votes – 56 percent – say it's likely to worsen over the next year.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11332783/More-90-worried-inflation-Polls-shows-majority-think-economy-worse.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Dem economists at work ...

« Last Edit: October 19, 2022, 09:28:56 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline LMAO

These polls are eerily similar to the late 1970s polling
« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 02:09:08 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
This is bleeding well into the Dem base. Forget them voting GOP, they may be too discouraged to even show up.

Either works for me.
The Republic is lost.

Online mountaineer

I was behind a woman at Kroger today. She bought over $300 worth of things - including a lot of snacks and name-brand items - and when the cashier said she owed x number of dollars, she looked surprised and said, "Why? Did food stamps not cover it?"

Turns out she also bought some decorative gourds (little pumpkins and the like) that SNAP for some crazy reason doesn't consider "food." So she reluctantly dug out a few dollar bills, and left with her two full shopping carts.

I suspect that SNAP recipients are not all that worried about inflation.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org