Author Topic: Social Security Will Allow People to Select Their ‘Gender Identity’ Going Forward  (Read 467 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Social Security Will Allow People to Select Their ‘Gender Identity’ Going Forward
Madeline Leesman

|  October 20, 2022 12:15 PM

The Social Security Administration announced this week that people will now be able to select the sex that most aligns with their “gender identity” in records going forward.

According to a press release from the SSA, the policy was created to be more inclusive to “transgender” and “gender diverse” Americans.

“The Social Security Administration’s Equity Action Plan includes a commitment to decrease administrative burdens and ensure people who identify as gender diverse or transgender have options in the Social Security Number card application process,” said Acting Commissioner Kijakazi in a statement. “This new policy allows people to self-select their sex in our records without needing to provide documentation of their sex designation.”

Those who choose to update their sex marker in Social Security’s records will be required to apply for a replacement SSN card. They will be required to show documentation to prove their identity, but will not need to provide medical documentation to show their sex designation.

“The agency will accept the applicant’s self-identified sex designation of either male or female, even if it is different from the sex designation shown on identity documents, such as a passport or state-issued driver’s license or identity card. SSN cards do not include sex markers,” the press release added.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/madelineleesman/2022/10/20/social-security-will-allow-people-to-select-gender-identity-n2614782
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline roamer_1

But not their species? That's so raciss!

Offline Hoodat

Can my teenage son identify as a female so that he can get a lower rate on his car insurance?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online berdie

I must be having a blond (gray) moment, But for social security purposes...what difference does gender make? :shrug:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Can my teenage son identify as a female so that he can get a lower rate on his car insurance?
Happening at the VA. Went for a check up today and along with the standard list of the routine, 'thoughts of suicide' 'are you in pain right now' 'have you suffered violence' etc. they did exactly this. They asked me to identify my 'gender identity'. Why? No idea. My impulse was to identify as a Black Female. But everything is so crazy these days, could not tell if I would wind up in some crazy group therapy for Black Females? So, I chose not to poke or tease the crazies running the government these days, so I did the standard 'choose not to respond'.

This will save it for later. The first time I see any advantage to being a Black Female or a cat or some crazy thing, will be the first one to jump on it. I'll be gay, or bisexual, or lesbian, or whatever they want. I have no problem playing fools for fools if it will get me more money or 'special' privileges.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I must be having a blond (gray) moment, But for social security purposes...what difference does gender make? :shrug:

None. This is just more of the "in your face" BS we are currently being subjected to.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Choose male or female ---- let the others out themselves as psychos..   :shrug:   

The pendulum will swing.