Author Topic: Texas Christian University to Host ‘Hispanic Heritage’ Drag Show  (Read 516 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
“We’re going to challenge non-queer people to think queerly.”

Katy Drollinger | October 19, 2022

FORT WORTH—While public schools and universities across the state come under fire for promoting radical gender ideologies, Texas Christian University (TCU) will host a drag show “celebrating” Hispanic Heritage Month later this week.

Although the private university is associated with the Protestant Disciples of Christ, TCU’s Intercultural Center is sponsoring a drag show, featuring men cross-dressing as women and lip-synching to popular songs.

Drag queen Deja Dubois will host the October 20 show entitled “Buenas, A Selena Loteria Drag Show,” which also includes drag queens Krystal Cartier, who claims to use “he/him/they” pronouns, and Shalula Davenport.

TCU’s Student Identity and Engagement Department, which focuses on “diversity, inclusiveness, and cultural awareness,” is sponsoring the event. In addition to drag shows, the department hosts “diversity trainings” rooted in radical gender and racial ideologies, including a program where students can attend workshops discussing “LGBTQIA+ 101” and “Pronoun Fluency” to earn a Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging Leadership Certificate.

Full report at the link below

https://texasscorecard.com/local/texas-christian-university-to-host-hispanic-heritage-drag-show/

Ok,I think that by now most of you understand that I am NOT a follower or believer of ANY religion,but this one is even too much for me.

What the HELL are these people thinking to allow this to happen as a self-proclaimed "Christian School"?

BTW,are they proclaiming that all,or even most of the illegal alien immigrants we are being flooded with are homosexuals?

I have a REALLY hard time believing that.

Sombodie please splain dis to simpul me.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 04:08:09 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Kamaji

Re: Texas Christian University to Host ‘Hispanic Heritage’ Drag Show
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2022, 04:06:46 pm »
:facepalm2:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2022, 04:30:21 pm »
They just won't give it up. Gonna cram it in your face with a gun to your head.
The Republic is lost.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2022, 04:52:56 pm »
Disciples of Christ and "Christian denomination" kind of don't belong in the same sentence.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2022, 04:57:26 pm »
Disciples of Christ and "Christian denomination" kind of don't belong in the same sentence.

@mountaineer

Why?

I am asking because I honestly don't know the answer.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2022, 05:19:47 pm »
We lived in a small town where a small DOC college is situated. The only church in town is DOC. While we lived there, we investigated the church, as we didn't then have a place to worship. We learned (from their own lips) that they really don't believe the Bible is true or authoritative, that their approach is "believe whatever you feel like believing, there's no right or wrong." That conflicted with our own beliefs and understanding of Scripture.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2022, 06:03:54 pm »
We lived in a small town where a small DOC college is situated. The only church in town is DOC. While we lived there, we investigated the church, as we didn't then have a place to worship. We learned (from their own lips) that they really don't believe the Bible is true or authoritative, that their approach is "believe whatever you feel like believing, there's no right or wrong." That conflicted with our own beliefs and understanding of Scripture.

@mountaineer

I am "logic locked". How can they claim to be Disciples of Christ in one breath,and claim to not believe the basic tenents of Christendom with the next breath.

You either "is" or you "ain't". There ain't no such critter as "both".

Online mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2022, 07:01:49 pm »
I am "logic locked". How can they claim to be Disciples of Christ in one breath,and claim to not believe the basic tenents of Christendom with the next breath.

You either "is" or you "ain't". There ain't no such critter as "both".
They didn't care what we believed about God, the Bible or just about anything, as long as we adhered to their liberal politics. Wasn't going to happen!