Author Topic: NOAA releases winter weather outlook: How La Niña will impact your state  (Read 192 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NOAA releases winter weather outlook: How La Niña will impact your state
Nexstar Media Wire - Yesterday 10:09 AM

(NEXSTAR) – The Climate Prediction Center’s official winter forecast has been released, and it splits the country in two: hot and dry down south, and a mystery up north.

The 90-day-outlook was published Thursday morning by the Climate Prediction Center, part of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) National Weather Service. It gives people a rough idea of what November, December and January will look like across the country.

Why a triple-dip La Niña could be bad news
The forecast is heavily influenced by the presence of La Niña, which forecasters recently said was 75% likely to stick around through the winter months.

La Niña tends to split the country in half, bringing a dry winter to the southern half and a wetter winter to the northern half.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/noaa-releases-winter-weather-outlook-how-la-ni%C3%B1a-will-impact-your-state/ar-AA13bNMn?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=b26bce343c8b406b998d5822eb12d13f
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson