Author Topic: UK to Fight Energy Crisis by Buying Gas from the United States – Report  (Read 443 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
UK to Fight Energy Crisis by Buying Gas from the United States – Report

Peter Caddle 8 Nov 2022

After reimplementing a ban on fracking in the United Kingdom, a report has claimed the British government is planning on alleviating its crippling energy crisis by buying natural gas from the United States.

Talks regarding a so-called “energy security partnership” agreement that would allow the United Kingdom to buy billions of cubic meters of gas — much of it will likely be from fracking — from the United States are reportedly in their final stages, a report on Tuesday has claimed.

It comes shortly after the UK’s Tory party government under newly minted Prime Minister Rishi Sunak reimplemented a ban on fracking in England, despite the country facing the possibility of rolling blackouts this winter due to a Europe-wide energy shortage.

While British politicians seem extremely reticent to avail of the country’s own natural resources to defeat the ongoing crisis, according to a report by The Telegraph, authorities are now reportedly aiming to solve their energy problems by simply buying gas from America.

Sources from inside the government have allegedly told the publication that an agreement to buy liquified natural gas (LNG) from the world superpower is nearly complete, with the agreement having previously been due to be announced back in October before the untimely political demise of former Prime Minister Liz Truss.

Overall, British officials are hoping that the agreement would allow the UK to buy around 10 billion cubic meters of gas from the United States, though this figure has yet to be finalised.

This “energy security partnership” is meanwhile set to be billed by the Biden Administration in the U.S. as some sort of green energy investment scheme that will aim to push renewables in the two countries in the face of the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2022/11/08/uk-to-fight-energy-crisis-by-buying-gas-from-the-united-states-report/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: UK to Fight Energy Crisis by Buying Gas from the United States – Report
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2022, 03:53:36 pm »
Sure sell it to them, taking NG out of the American market where short supplies and costs are already causing serious harm to Americans won't have any negative consequences here at home 9999hair out0000

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2022, 03:56:04 pm »

We are all out.  Try Russia
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2022, 04:09:11 pm »
Sure sell it to them, taking NG out of the American market where short supplies and costs are already causing serious harm to Americans won't have any negative consequences here at home 9999hair out0000

I need another word for infuriating!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2022, 11:14:59 am »
I was sad to see Liz Truss go, because she was a voice of sanity, day one.

So now, I recommend they eat beans and use collection pipes to capture the Methane.

Otherwise, there's plenty of Natural Gas in the North Sea, if they will only drill for it.

I'd bet most of the people against fraccing don't even know what it is.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis