Author Topic: Democrats grumble it’s too little, too late with Obama  (Read 291 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats grumble it’s too little, too late with Obama
« on: October 20, 2022, 12:24:02 pm »
 Democrats grumble it’s too little, too late with Obama
by Amie Parnes - 10/20/22 6:00 AM ET

When aides to Barack Obama announced the former president’s schedule for the midterm elections late last week, some Democrats were already grumbling.

For weeks, Democrats had been wondering where Obama was ahead of a midterm fight where the party is clinging to the slimmest of majorities in the House and Senate.

President Biden is widely seen as a drag on the party’s fortunes this cycle as he battles dismal approval ratings. With some candidates not wanting Biden to attend rallies in their states and districts, the absence of Obama’s star power has been notable.

Obama did attend four fundraisers in August and September to raise money for candidates, but some Democrats say that’s not enough given his standing and ability to draw a crowd.

“I think a lot of people have said, ‘Where’s Obama?’” one Democratic strategist acknowledged. “He shouldn’t just be the closer. He’s still seen as the party’s rock star.”

In interviews, other strategists and donors reiterated the sentiment that Obama should be out there more to help the party.

With less than three weeks to go until the election, polls suggest Republicans have seized back the momentum from Democrats.

A CBS News-YouGov survey showed Democrats trailing Republicans on the generic congressional ballot, while a New York Times-Siena College poll released this week found voters were more likely to vote Republican by a 49 to 45 percent margin. That’s a shift from when Democrats held a 1-point advantage over the summer.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3696337-democrats-grumble-its-too-little-too-late-with-obama/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Democrats grumble it’s too little, too late with Obama
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2022, 05:05:58 pm »
Not to defend Obozo, but he's no longer the Prez or party leader. Really isn't his job to butt in and take over, as much as I'm sure he'd like to.

Dems wanted Joe Skeezy, they got him, and they're stuck with him.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 05:21:36 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2022, 05:32:09 pm »
What Obomber wants to know before he agrees to show up is "Where are the Benjamins?"
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2022, 05:43:09 pm »
That's like asking Michael Keaton Batman to campaign for Ben Affleck Batman.  Too late, the damage is done.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.