Author Topic: US manufacturers call on Congress to fix open border  (Read 267 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US manufacturers call on Congress to fix open border
« on: October 20, 2022, 12:14:13 pm »
US manufacturers call on Congress to fix open border
Tori Richards - Yesterday 6:38 PM

The nation’s largest manufacturing organization called on Congress to fix the "broken" immigration system and let foreign workers come into the country legally.

America has 800,000 manufacturing jobs open, and it’s essential to fill them immediately to remain competitive in the world marketplace, said Jay Timmons, CEO of the National Association of Manufacturing.

“We need Congress to fix the broken, unreliable immigration system,” Timmons said during a Wednesday media briefing at the Port of Los Angeles. “Clearly, we need border security. That’s an imperative. But we also need more avenues for people to come legally and to work.”

Manufacturers have even offered jobs to Ukrainians and Afghans who have been unable to secure American visas.

“We don’t have to wait for the next Congress to alleviate visa backlogs to help bring more employer-based immigrants into the U.S. legally and provide certainty for dreamers,” he said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/us-manufacturers-call-on-congress-to-fix-open-border/ar-AA13a7Ao?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=de7db7d77ef3443ea1ba989200a405fc
« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 12:15:05 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson