Author Topic: Former Keystone pipeline worker rips Biden after comments on oil production  (Read 492 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 October 19, 2022 5:13pm EDT
Former Keystone pipeline worker rips Biden after comments on oil production
Biden administration has 'everything to do' with high gas prices, former Keystone XL pipeline worker tells FOX Business

By Thomas Catenacci FOXBusiness

FIRST ON FOX: A former Keystone XL pipeline welder sharply criticized President Biden after the White House announced new measures intended to drive gasoline and energy prices down on Wednesday.

"I don't know how he gets away with keep saying that he doesn't have anything to do with [high gas prices] when they've got everything to do with it," Neal Crabtree told FOX Business in an interview.

Crabtree — a member of an Arkansas pipeliners' union who had worked on the Keystone XL project in Nebraska — and hundreds other workers were laid off hours after the president took office on Jan. 20, 2021. Shortly after his inauguration, Biden canceled the federal permit for the Keystone XL pipeline, a project that would have transported 830,000 barrels of oil per day from Canada to Texas.

Biden's executive order nixing the pipeline stated that the U.S. would prioritize the "development of a clean energy economy" instead of fossil fuel production.

"As far as my side of the industry, we've seen our man-hours cut almost — well, more than half. We got people that lost health insurance, they're not getting retirement benefits, they've had to find different careers," Crabtree continued. "When you're 40, or 45 years old, starting over ain't the easiest thing to do. You spent all your time building your skill set and then all of a sudden you're making a minimum wage. It can change your life."

"It's not just Keystone. Ever since day one — I can name you dozens of other pipelines that we were expecting to build here in the last couple of years, and they can't get the permits," he added.

Earlier Wednesday, in response to rising gasoline prices, the president announced his intention to initiate another sale from the nation's emergency oil stockpiles and blamed oil and refining companies for increased costs. Average gas prices nationwide fell to $3.85 per gallon, about 15% higher than their level a year ago, according to a AAA database.

During his speech, Biden said it was a "myth" that his administration has slowed oil production or made it harder for energy companies to boost production.

"Let's debunk some myths here. My administration has not stopped or slowed U.S. oil production," Biden remarked at the White House. "Quite the opposite."

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/former-keystone-pipeline-worker-rips-biden-comments-oil-production
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
During his speech, Biden said it was a "myth" that his administration has slowed oil production or made it harder for energy companies to boost production.

"Let's debunk some myths here. My administration has not stopped or slowed U.S. oil production," Biden remarked at the White House. "Quite the opposite."

It ain't a myth, it's a mythter: mythter Biden who has impaired energy production in the US at every turn, and whose policies are the root cause of inflation across the board. If it costs more to ship or produce, it will cost more.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
It ain't a myth, it's a mythter: mythter Biden who has impaired energy production in the US at every turn, and whose policies are the root cause of inflation across the board. If it costs more to ship or produce, it will cost more.

Most telling of how this son of a bitch pedophile POTUS has declared war on the oil industry?

His insistence that oIl not reinvest their profits into stock "buy backs".

When you want to destroy your enemy, how better than do your best to weaken their financial condition. 

I'd pay $500 for the abilty to spit in his face.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

Most telling of how this son of a bitch pedophile POTUS has declared war on the oil industry?

His insistence that oIl not reinvest their profits into stock "buy backs".

When you want to destroy your enemy, how better than do your best to weaken their financial condition. 

I'd pay $500 for the abilty to spit in his face.
Dunno, the SEC approved Harold Hamm's buyback (Continental Resources), with the intent of taking the company private. (Largest single producer of oil in the Williston Basin (Bakken, Three Forks, Red River). It's still going on.

But the constriction of midstream projects in the choke point, aside from refinery expansion permits, for now. At some point, it will reach the point again where drilling and DUC completions will catch up to capacity, but that capacity needs to be there first.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Dunno, the SEC approved Harold Hamm's buyback (Continental Resources), with the intent of taking the company private. (Largest single producer of oil in the Williston Basin (Bakken, Three Forks, Red River). It's still going on.

But the constriction of midstream projects in the choke point, aside from refinery expansion permits, for now. At some point, it will reach the point again where drilling and DUC completions will catch up to capacity, but that capacity needs to be there first.

Little different perspective on buybacks.  This was more intended toward the CEO and boards of Chevron and ExxonMobil.  When boards get their earnings reports they have to update spending and capital plans based on these results and what to expect in the near term. 

Pedo Joe doesn't want them to reinvest in their Market Cap base, because that is the one tell and all of the companies net worth.  Adding profits directly into that net worth slows down the Envirowhackos plans to bandkrupt Big Oil.

I have been involved with plant expansions, and can tell you first hand, the regulatory climate and the state and federal level does makes near if not impossible to build a brand new grass roots refinery.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2022, 07:57:18 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

Little different perspective on buybacks.  This was more intended toward the CEO and boards of Chevron and ExxonMobil.  When boards get their earnings reports they have to update spending and capital plans based on these results and what to expect in the near term. 

Pedo Joe doesn't want them to reinvest in their Market Cap base, because that is the one tell and all of the companies net worth.  Adding profits directly into that net worth slows down the Envirowhackos plans to bandkrupt Big Oil.

I have been involved with plant expansions, and can tell you first hand, the regulatory climate and the state and federal level does makes near if not impossible to build a brand new grass roots refinery.
Yeah, they built a 20,000 bbl facility near Dickinson/Belfield up here a couple of years ago. It was supposed to be a topping plant (distill diesel and sell the remaining fractions) but got shifted into 'biodiesel' somehow.
From https://www.ogj.com/refining-processing/refining/article/14208184/marathon-completes-startup-of-north-dakota-renewable-diesel-refinery
...the new Dickinson unit is now producing 100% renewable diesel from soy and corn oil at its full design capacity of 12,000 b/d, MPC and Haldor Topsoe said in separate announcements on Aug. 4-5.

Commissioning of the Dickinson refinery’s HydroFlex unit follows MPC’s late-2019 decision to convert the refining site into a renewable diesel production plant as part of the operator’s plan to increase output of fuels that align with objectives of California’s Low Carbon Fuel Standard (LCFS) as well as MPC’s own greenhouse gas (GHG)-reduction targets.

IMHO, this sucks, as we could use another source of home grown diesel, especially here, for here. Instead, ND agriculture is pandering to California boutique standards, and we have lost a local source for a vital fuel for oil and gas, trucking, mining, and farming.

As far as Exxon/Mobil and Chevron, they're more international, and have plays around the world.  When the IPs drop, if they aren't re-fraccing, they sell out, and likely even if they do (to up the current production numbers and make the star well(s) in a 'bundle' look even better).

C S Lewis