Author Topic: NEW POLL: Most Americans See Media as Bigger Threat to Democracy Than Electoral College, Supreme Cou  (Read 738 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
NEW POLL: Most Americans See Media as Bigger Threat to Democracy Than Electoral College, Supreme Court, Biden or Even Trump

Registered voters have demonstrated in multiple recent polls a concern that democracy is under threat in the United States. But a new New York Times/Siena poll shows that the direction of that threat is not singular, or even partisan. In fact, among the voters who expressed that concern, more agreed the media was a threat than agreed on any other source individually, including President Joe Biden, ex-president Donald Trump, Republicans as a party, Democrats as a party, or even just the federal government generically.

The poll conducted October 9-12 was taken just before the final January 6 committee hearing, but during the height of campaign messaging from both parties ahead of the November midterm elections.

The NYT/Sienna result was broadly devastating news for Democrats, with inflation and the economy a dominant concern. Appearing on MSNBC on Tuesday, Speaker Nancy Pelosi literally dismissed the poll’s finding that Republicans have the edge, insisting that abortion is the number one issue.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/new-poll-media-bigger-threat-to-democracy-than-electoral-college-supreme-court-joe-biden-or-even-donald-trump/
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

Media and Big Tech are definitely very dangerous organizations.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Media and Big Tech are definitely very dangerous organizations.

Public enemy #1 IMHO!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

People understand that the media is supposed to be a watchdog on politicians and people of power. The last few years, the media has become a watchdog FOR the elite and powerful
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Majority of voters believe ‘mainstream media’ is ‘threat to democracy’: Poll

OCTOBER 19, 2022 JUSTIN COOPER
 Most voters believe “the mainstream media” is a threat to democracy, according to the latest New York Times/Siena poll.

Voters were asked whether they believe “American democracy is currently under threat” or the opposite. Then voters who responded in the affirmative were asked where the blame lies.

Seventy-one percent of voters told pollsters they think democracy is in danger. Of those respondents, 84 percent said the mainstream media is contributing to the political system’s peril.

Fifty-nine percent of those voters said the media is a “major threat to democracy,” while 25 percent said it is a “minor threat.”

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2022/10/majority-of-voters-believe-mainstream-media-is-threat-to-democracy-poll/
« Last Edit: October 19, 2022, 06:15:11 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Killer Clouds

It just how stupid people are. They can't think for themselves and are too lazy to actually check the facts.

Offline berdie

It just how stupid people are. They can't think for themselves and are too lazy to actually check the facts.

I don't think people are stupid. How can facts be checked when they are presented by the very people we distrust? It even extends to photos. Photoshop.

Offline Killer Clouds

I don't think people are stupid. How can facts be checked when they are presented by the very people we distrust? It even extends to photos. Photoshop.
Whe approximately 1/2 of the people in this country are DCP sheeple yes it does show that people are extremely stupid. With all the female imposter and male imposters that try to make people accept their insanity and other people that say that everyone should accept their insanity then yes people are stupid. People that believe that they are superior or inferior because of the color of their skin then yes people are stupid. Idiots that think people wearing costumes and carrying guns are the law and those same costume wearing clowns that believe they are the law then yes people are stupid. Politicians that lie with every word they speak and people believe it then yes people are stupid.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2022, 09:53:24 pm by Killer Clouds »

Offline berdie

Whe approximately 1/2 of the people in this country are DCP sheeple yes it does show that people are extremely stupid. With all the female imposter and male imposters that try to make people accept their insanity and other people that say that everyone should accept their insanity then yes people are stupid. People that believe that they are superior or inferior because of the color of their skin then yes people are stupid. Idiots that think people wearing costumes and carrying guns are the law and those same costume wearing clowns that believe they are the law then yes people are stupid. Politicians that lie with every word they speak and people believe it then yes people are stupid.

Hey now, Don't harsh my mellow. :laugh:

I agree that many people believe all this bohonkus. But I also believe that the bulk of people, especially in fly over country, think it is junk. If we are  that stupid as a country, then we are doomed. And I really think the future will hold that. But maybe not today.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Of those respondents, 84 percent said the mainstream media is contributing to the political system’s peril."

I wonder how many of "the 84%" were leftist-communists who consider commentators like Tucker Carlson a "threat to democracy" ??

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Hey now, Don't harsh my mellow. :laugh:

I agree that many people believe all this bohonkus. But I also believe that the bulk of people, especially in fly over country, think it is junk. If we are  that stupid as a country, then we are doomed. And I really think the future will hold that. But maybe not today.

The blue areas out voted the red areas @berdie Every election Cooke County over rules the rest of Illinois. Las Vegas does the same for Nevada. And on it goes.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Topics Merged.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline berdie

The blue areas out voted the red areas @berdie Every election Cooke County over rules the rest of Illinois. Las Vegas does the same for Nevada. And on it goes.

I don't doubt for a minute the veracity of your words @Bigun or the graph. The urban areas out-populate and out vote the rest of the residents on a state by basis. It would be far too time consuming to add up the population of the entire country divided by red/blue, liberal/conservative to see what those numbers would be. I know that doesn't have anything to do with voting. But I was trying to say, inelegantly, that a large portion of people aren't so stupid to believe the pablum being peddled. Even a large number of Dems don't believe men can have babies, etc. If you take out the number of people that vote Dem because they always have and the ones that vote Dem because $it benefits$ them in some way, who probably don't believe all that is being presented, the number of semi intelligent people might be even higher.

Of course, they have and have been dumbing down the young people to the point I don't know that this will last.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

I don't doubt for a minute the veracity of your words @Bigun or the graph. The urban areas out-populate and out vote the rest of the residents on a state by basis. It would be far too time consuming to add up the population of the entire country divided by red/blue, liberal/conservative to see what those numbers would be. I know that doesn't have anything to do with voting. But I was trying to say, inelegantly, that a large portion of people aren't so stupid to believe the pablum being peddled. Even a large number of Dems don't believe men can have babies, etc. If you take out the number of people that vote Dem because they always have and the ones that vote Dem because $it benefits$ them in some way, who probably don't believe all that is being presented, the number of semi intelligent people might be even higher.

Of course, they have and have been dumbing down the young people to the point I don't know that this will last.

I can't argue with a thing you said @berdie I fact, I agree with every word of it which brings us to why the Communists (democrats) HAVE TO cheat in order to win.

My purpose is posting that map, which is a county-by-county illustration of how the vote (allegedly) went down. It is a perfect illustration that they don't have to, and can't, cheat everywhere. It's fairly easy for them to do so in enough large urban areas to steal a presidential election. Works the same way in statewide offices as well. Cooke County Illinois does the electing in that state and the cheating takes place in inner city Chicago as one illustration. We are lucky here in Texas that we still have enough people living outside Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, and El Paso to overcome the cheating for now. It won't last.  Until WE figure out how to rectify THAT problem we are, IMHO, pretty much screwed.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 11:43:05 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline berdie