Author Topic: Biden to announce nearly $3 billion for US battery production in electric vehicle push  (Read 814 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Biden to announce nearly $3 billion for US battery production in electric vehicle push
by Brett Samuels - 10/19/22 11:00 AM ET

President Biden on Wednesday will outline nearly $3 billion in investments to boost domestic battery manufacturing, which officials said will help meet the need for critical supplies as the country ramps up electric vehicle (EV) production.

Biden and Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm will announce the $2.8 billion worth of grants through the bipartisan infrastructure law passed last year at a White House event. The funding will be spread across 20 different companies for projects in at least 12 states. A senior administration official said the funding will lead to 8,000 new jobs, 5,000 of which are expected to be permanent.

The announcement will focus on two key efforts for Biden since taking office: strengthening supply chains and promoting the transition to a more climate-friendly economy.

The investments will allow U.S. manufacturers to process critical minerals like lithium and nickel that are used in battery production, guarding against supply chain disruptions, administration officials said. Those materials are particularly important in the production of electric vehicle batteries, as Biden has called for half of all vehicles to be electric by 2030.

“This market transformation is expected to increase demand for critical minerals such as lithium and graphite used in EV batteries,” the White House said in a fact sheet. “Today’s announcements demonstrate how the United States is poised to meet this challenge while growing our economy and creating high-quality union jobs in the battery supply chain.”

The grant money, which will be matched by private sector investments, is expected to lead to the development of enough lithium supply for 2 million electric vehicles annually; enough graphite supply for 1.2 million electric vehicles annually; and enough nickel supply for 400,000 electric vehicles annually.

The grants will be awarded to projects in Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Missouri, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Tennessee and Washington state, the White House said.

Biden and Granholm are expected to meet virtually with representatives from the companies receiving the funding during Wednesday’s event.

In addition, the two leaders will announce the creation of the American Battery Materials Initiative, an effort that will “work with partners and allies to strengthen critical mineral supply chains globally, and it will leverage and maximize ongoing efforts throughout the U.S. government to meet resource requirements and bolster energy security.”

The initiative will be led by a White House steering committee in collaboration with the departments of Energy and Interior.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/3695581-biden-to-announce-nearly-3-billion-for-us-battery-production-in-electric-vehicle-push/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Killer Clouds

I saw something about this elsewhere. All the money is going to a Chinese owned battery plant.

Online DB

When the government picks winners and losers instead of the market all we get is connected losers.

Offline libertybele

We have reports here in FL of electric vehicles that took on water catching fire and in turn catching homes on fire.

Joe is an idiot and the ignorance of his administration is astounding.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Wish Pedo Joe would insert something on his body into a 220V receptacle.

Maybe it'd light him up into an energy epiphany.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Hoodat

Didn't we do this exact same thing ten years ago with the solar industry?  In five years, entire battery plants with brand new equipment will be sold off to the Chi-coms at pennies on the dollar.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Will those batteries reduce our heating bills this Winter?

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"If you put the Government in charge of the Sahara...."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"If you put the Government in charge of the Sahara...."

"... in six months, there would be a shortage of sand!"
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"... in six months, there would be a shortage of sand!"

:thumbsup:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Hoodat

$3 billion could buy 200,000 brand new gasoline engine automobiles (at $15k each).
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

Wish Pedo Joe would insert something on his body into a 220V receptacle.

Maybe it'd light him up into an energy epiphany.

888high58888

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Hoodat

Welcome back, @libertybele !  We missed you!

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

Welcome back, @libertybele !  We missed you!

Thank you! I truly missed everyone.  :beer:

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Elon Musk could make the batteries for less than a billion and put Americans to work.  Of course Woke Biden would have a historic hissy fit.  The Chinese need jobs far more than Americans, haven't you seen it often enough? 9999hair out0000
Good to see you again Liberty Belle! :yowsa:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline bilo

The grant money, which will be matched by private sector investments, is expected to lead to the development of enough lithium supply for 2 million electric vehicles annually; enough graphite supply for 1.2 million electric vehicles annually; and enough nickel supply for 400,000 electric vehicles annually.

Where does the additional electricity come from to charge all these "green" vehicles? The technology does not exist on a large enough scale to store electricity to power a city when the sun goes down, or the wind stops blowing. Power plants will need to be able to immediately power up natural gas burners, or coal, or modular nuclear reactors to create the electricity needed at night to power up all these EV's so they can be used the next day.

Somehow I don't think all the watermelons will want new coal burning, nuclear, or natural gas power plants built.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online Hoodat

Where does the additional electricity come from to charge all these "green" vehicles?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Didn't we do this exact same thing ten years ago with the solar industry?  In five years, entire battery plants with brand new equipment will be sold off to the Chi-coms at pennies on the dollar.
Right. This is Biden's Solyndra, following in Obama's footsteps.  The way the DNC is going through money on the midterms, they need something to skim.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline bilo

I once had a tenant ask me to move and electric outlet to another wall. I looked at her and asked do you know what's involved in moving an outlet. She said, " just open a hole in the wall and put it in there". Needless to say, after a long eye roll, the answer was NO!

The watermelons have the same basic understanding of infrastructure and support systems as that girl.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Democrats are adept at manipulating ignorance clueless, devoid of information fools, especially because they can always be manipulated and used as useful, ignorant fools.  Refresh you memories with last Presidential election.  It takes them a year or two to finally realize what fools they have been, then they get real quiet.
 :smokin: :rolling: :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions