Author Topic: Here’s how much Americans should expect to pay for utilities this winter  (Read 298 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Here’s how much Americans should expect to pay for utilities this winter

by Adam Barnes and Zack Budryk | Oct. 19, 2022

Americans are staring down the nose at astronomical energy prices in the coming winter months, driven by a combination of colder-than-average temperatures and price hikes amid Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

But these elevated costs will not hit regions of the country evenly, and they could have a serious impact on lower- and middle-income families nationwide whose paychecks are already getting eaten up by inflation. 

Data released by the Labor Department last week showed that prices increased for the second consecutive month. The same report showed the index for natural gas increased by 2.9 percent, while the gasoline index declined by 4.9 percent month over month.

Gasoline prices rose 18.2 percent over the past 12 months, while the index for energy services increased by 19.8 percent. 

But how does this translate to your energy bill? 

The Labor Department’s data came after a separate report warned of a sharp rise in energy costs this winter, after average heating expenses across all fuel types increased by 17 percent last winter to $1,025.

The U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) projected another spike in costs is due to two factors: increased fuel costs and colder-than-average temperatures. 

more
https://thehill.com/changing-america/3694977-heres-how-much-americans-should-expect-to-pay-for-utilities-this-winter/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I'm fortunate, where I live the weather is mild. Oh we have some 90-100 degree days in the summer, just hit 93 today but it starts cooling tomorrow. we haven't used AC in the apartment in seven years and never turned on the heater once in seven years. My expenses will be limited to natural gas for cooking, water heater and dryer along with electricity so I won't get hit anything like a lot of people. If this winter doesn't stick the fork in Brandon and the democrats I don't know what will.