Author Topic: Can the US Take on China, Iran and Russia All at Once?  (Read 338 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Can the US Take on China, Iran and Russia All at Once?
« on: October 18, 2022, 12:02:20 pm »

America’s top rivals aren’t allies in the conventional sense, but acting in unison they could stretch a superpower well beyond its military capabilities.

ByHal Brands
October 16, 2022 at 8:00 AM EDT

Hal Brands is a Bloomberg Opinion columnist. The Henry Kissinger Distinguished Professor at Johns Hopkins University’s School of Advanced International Studies, he is co-author, most recently, of  "Danger Zone: The Coming Conflict with China" and a member of the State Department's Foreign Affairs Policy Board.

Imagine a scenario in which, a year or two or three from now, the world is convulsed by war from Europe to the Pacific. The idea isn’t as absurd as you may think. Not in decades has the US faced such prospects of near-term military confrontation in several separate theaters.

Russian President Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine has ignited Europe’s largest conflict in generations and provoked a great-power proxy fight. In East Asia, the chances of war are growing, as the tensions precipitated by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s trip to Taiwan in August demonstrated. In the Middle East, the US may have to choose between fighting Iran and accepting it as a nuclear threshold state.

Put these crises together and you have the makings of a Eurasian conflagration.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2022-10-16/us-isn-t-ready-to-fight-china-iran-and-russia-all-at-once
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Re: Can the US Take on China, Iran and Russia All at Once?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2022, 03:28:03 am »

The democrats want to know that to, thats why the democrats have steadily built them up, and steadily tore our military down.  It also told the democrats how many useful fools citizens democrats could easily con/fool.  Our forefathers told us America could only be defeated from within, to bad they didn't realize they were describing the democrat party of today.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2022, 05:54:30 am »
The democrats want to know that to, thats why the democrats have steadily built them up, and steadily tore our military down.  It also told the democrats how many useful fools citizens democrats could easily con/fool.  Our forefathers told us America could only be defeated from within, to bad they didn't realize they were describing the democrat party of today.
I must note there is no mention of the US as a player in end times prophesy...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2022, 06:57:07 am »
I must note there is no mention of the US as a player in end times prophesy...

That depends upon how you read it.

Online The_Reader_David

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2022, 01:15:17 pm »
The answer is probably "No", but if those are the opponents, then the relevant question is,  "Can NATO as a whole, Ukraine, Israel, Taiwan, Japan, Australia (and probably India) take on those opponents plus North Korea?" and the answer to that is almost certainly "Yes."
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.