Author Topic: Despite ‘End of Snow’ Predictions by The New York Times, Ski Resorts are Booming  (Read 212 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Despite ‘End of Snow’ Predictions by The New York Times, Ski Resorts are Booming
By Anthony Watts -October 14, 20220

Back in 2014, The New York Times (NYT) ran an opinion piece by Porter Fox, titled “The End of Snow?”

Fox, who in addition to being an avid skier, also opined on the climatological issues related to snow and skiing, said both will soon disappear, which is false. An excerpt from that 2014 article described his reasoning:

The planet has warmed 1.4 degrees Fahrenheit since the 1800s, and as a result, snow is melting. In the last 47 years, a million square miles of spring snow cover has disappeared from the Northern Hemisphere. Europe has lost half of its Alpine glacial ice since the 1850s, and if climate change is not reined in, two-thirds of European ski resorts will be likely to close by 2100.

The same could happen in the United States, where in the Northeast, more than half of the 103 ski resorts may no longer be viable in 30 years because of warmer winters. As far for the Western part of the country, it will lose an estimated 25 to 100 percent of its snowpack by 2100 if greenhouse gas emissions are not curtailed — reducing the snowpack in Park City, Utah, to zero and relegating skiing to the top quarter of Ajax Mountain in Aspen.

https://climaterealism.com/2022/10/despite-end-of-snow-predictions-by-the-new-york-times-ski-resorts-are-booming/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Some spots in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan got 2 feet of snow last night. OMGGGGGGG
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson