Author Topic: Couple recorded torturing, throwing kitten on Florida beach  (Read 2102 times)

Offline mountaineer

Couple recorded torturing, throwing kitten on Florida beach
« on: October 19, 2022, 11:39:35 am »
Couple recorded torturing, throwing kitten on Florida beach
 By Patrick Reilly   
October 19, 2022 1:25am
A sick couple was recorded torturing a kitten on a Florida beach before a good Samaritan stepped in to save the helpless and badly battered animal.

The man and woman were seen tossing the kitten around like a toy in the ocean in Sunny Isles Beach late last month as numerous beachgoers watched in shock until animal activist Natalia Martin had seen enough and decided to step in.

“The guy started being so aggressive towards me,” Martin told WPLG. “He starts stepping up, he says, ‘Hey, look, this is my cat. This is not your business. I can do what I want.’ And then he was like, ‘If you don’t want me to throw the cat, give me $1,000 right now’.”

Disturbing video taken by Martin shows the couple throwing the tiny gray cat back and forth in the ocean as it struggled to hold its head above the waves. ...

NY Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Couple recorded torturing, throwing kitten on Florida beach
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2022, 09:04:31 pm »
I understand the kitten was rescued and the creeps were arrested.

Looked at the pics, and thought "that figures".

Offline berdie

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2022, 09:13:18 pm »
If I had the opportunity, the only question I would ask is "Why?".

Maybe it would give me insight as to why people abuse children, elders or anybody else for that matter.

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2022, 09:24:45 pm »

Maybe it would give me insight as to why people abuse children, elders or anybody else for that matter.

Yes, you are correct.  Why?  What makes people commit such sick and violent acts?  Are people born with such twisted minds or do they develop sickness due to their own experiences in life?? 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2022, 09:32:54 pm »

@berdie

I'm an old battle hardened Vietnam vet that has missed sleep recently due to things I've seen on the local (Houston) news reports.

I thank God every day that I chose not to become a cop when I got out of the Army.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline berdie

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2022, 09:41:58 pm »
@berdie

I'm an old battle hardened Vietnam vet that has missed sleep recently due to things I've seen on the local (Houston) news reports.

I thank God every day that I chose not to become a cop when I got out of the Army.

It would be a tough life for sure. I know for a fact that I couldn't see the depravity that society has descended to and not get down to their level...or lose my own sanity.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2022, 09:49:48 pm »

It would be a tough life for sure. I know for a fact that I couldn't see the depravity that society has descended to and not get down to their level...or lose my own sanity.

:yowsa: That's exactly what I'm talking about.  Had I gone the other way, I would have long ago been locked up myself...or dead.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2022, 10:09:37 pm »
I suspect that anyone who would abuse animals in this manner would have no problem abusing anyone perceived as less powerful, i.e., a child or an elderly person. Disgusting.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline verga

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2022, 06:14:54 pm »

Didn't even need to look at the pictures.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2022, 06:32:21 pm »
I suspect that anyone who would abuse animals in this manner would have no problem abusing anyone perceived as less powerful, i.e., a child or an elderly person. Disgusting.

Yup.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2022, 01:58:33 am »

@Fishrrman

"We iz da wurld........

We iz da peeppulls....."
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DB

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2022, 02:24:38 am »
Ferel humans.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2022, 06:13:15 am »
@berdie

It takes a special breed to deal with the worst of the worst at its worst day in and day out. Its be darned hard not to get jaded.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2022, 06:28:58 am »
@berdie

@Bigun

I must have pondered becoming a cop for all of 10 seconds before I knew it would be a disaster. I was too used to killing my problems, and that "Bush" just wouldn't float in the civilian world.

On top of that I was determined to mellow out and saw no way that would be possible while carrying a badge and dealing with fools.

And frankly, the job requires people who were "better men" than I was at that time in my life. People who can control their temper while people spit on them and shout insults in their faces.

That wasn't me. 
« Last Edit: October 22, 2022, 06:30:55 am by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2022, 06:33:58 am »

@mountaineer

I don't suspect that.

I honestly believe it to be a form of "the gospel".  It is as certain as the sun rising in the east.

I can see me arresting a child rapist and chaining him to my rear bumper to take him to lockup.

I would not have been a good cop.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2022, 06:39:45 am »

@mountaineer

I am overqualified as an "elderly person" these days,but that sort of thing doesn't worry me much because I carry a 3-inch 44 Special in my pocket that has a bobbed hammer,no rear sights,and is loaded with hollowpoints.

Can you say "SURPRISE!"?

My days of rolling around in the dirt with some cretin are in my past.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2022, 06:41:15 am by sneakypete »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2022, 02:08:49 pm »
@Bigun

I must have pondered becoming a cop for all of 10 seconds before I knew it would be a disaster. I was too used to killing my problems, and that "Bush" just wouldn't float in the civilian world.

On top of that I was determined to mellow out and saw no way that would be possible while carrying a badge and dealing with fools.

And frankly, the job requires people who were "better men" than I was at that time in my life. People who can control their temper while people spit on them and shout insults in their faces.

That wasn't me.

It's a long story @sneakypete but here's the Cliff notes version.

The Texas DPS offered to get me a 90 day early out of the Army if I joined them and I agreed to do that but still had some time left to serve before that could happen. During that period of time, something happened in Houston that forced me to take a cold hard look at the realities of the situation and I wound up calling them and giving up my spot in the upcoming academy. The DPS fully understood after I explained why I had to do that and told me that I had likely made a very wise decision.  I served all of the remainder of my enlistment and, as I said earlier, thank God every day that I did.

If you want to know what happened in Houston that caused all that PM me and I'll tell you privately.  Not going to post it here.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2022, 02:42:44 pm »
It's a long story @sneakypete but here's the Cliff notes version.

The Texas DPS offered to get me a 90 day early out of the Army if I joined them and I agreed to do that but still had some time left to serve before that could happen. During that period of time, something happened in Houston that forced me to take a cold hard look at the realities of the situation and I wound up calling them and giving up my spot in the upcoming academy. The DPS fully understood after I explained why I had to do that and told me that I had likely made a very wise decision.  I served all of the remainder of my enlistment and, as I said earlier, thank God every day that I did.

If you want to know what happened in Houston that caused all that PM me and I'll tell you privately.  Not going to post it here.

@Bigun

Neither I nor anyone but you needs to know the details,and the important thing here is that YOU knew and recognized them for what they were.

It's all about "little things" called "Morality" and "self-respect". You either have them,or you don't. There IS no "in-between".

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2022, 06:49:24 pm »
Well... maybe they were just dumb?

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2022, 07:27:02 pm »
Perhaps I am just missing something.... I toss my kitten that likes to climb up on my back on the bed or chairs (with pillows). They are pretty stout creatures if tossing them on something soft even from a distance. They do land on their feet for a reason as they often climb trees and jump from over 6-8 feet in the air to the ground. Water though not their preferred media is soft and cats do swim quite proficiently. We bath our cats quite frequently ourselves... Sorry, but somehow I can see this as being written out of worse than it was. Tossing a cat from a boat to drown is one thing, but playing with your cat in the water with no intention of letting it drown is another. The line between torture is often misread by people that might perceive wetting a cat as cruel. There was a reason I often washed cats for the vet I worked for as a teenager, people wanted clean animals (and flea free before flea pills)... but were unwilling to do the work or didn't want to be seen a acting cruel to their own pets. A good wash in the ocean I imagine would cause fleas to jump off naturally helping the kitten in the long run.

Just a different perspective. 
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline verga

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2022, 07:34:50 pm »
Perhaps I am just missing something.... I toss my kitten that likes to climb up on my back on the bed or chairs (with pillows). They are pretty stout creatures if tossing them on something soft even from a distance. They do land on their feet for a reason as they often climb trees and jump from over 6-8 feet in the air to the ground. Water though not their preferred media is soft and cats do swim quite proficiently. We bath our cats quite frequently ourselves... Sorry, but somehow I can see this as being written out of worse than it was. Tossing a cat from a boat to drown is one thing, but playing with your cat in the water with no intention of letting it drown is another. The line between torture is often misread by people that might perceive wetting a cat as cruel. There was a reason I often washed cats for the vet I worked for as a teenager, people wanted clean animals (and flea free before flea pills)... but were unwilling to do the work or didn't want to be seen a acting cruel to their own pets. A good wash in the ocean I imagine would cause fleas to jump off naturally helping the kitten in the long run.

Just a different perspective.
@Sighlass Perhaps you missed these two sentences:
A sick couple was recorded torturing a kitten on a Florida beach before a good Samaritan stepped in to save the helpless and badly battered animal.
Disturbing video taken by Martin shows the couple throwing the tiny gray cat back and forth in the ocean as it struggled to hold its head above the waves. ..
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2022, 07:43:58 pm »
I've only seen a cat swim in salt water once, when it fell from a seawall, and was quickly rescued by someone on a paddle board.

Nah, I think they were just a couple of @$$h0l3$ abusing a defenseless and helpless kitten because they are sick, anti-social, sadistic f-cks.

There are some people on God's good green Earth who lack the capicity for empathy and sympathy.

Police are trained to look for abused animals on domestic calls.  Animal abuse is an indicator of possible child and spousal abuse.

Sometimes, they try to skate by playing race, diversity and inclusion, and multi-cultural tolerance cards to bleeding heart limousine liberals.

It also didn't help that they were belligerent with the police.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 07:54:21 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2022, 08:15:17 pm »
@Sighlass Perhaps you missed these two sentences:
Disturbing video taken by Martin shows the couple throwing the tiny gray cat back and forth in the ocean as it struggled to hold its head above the waves. ..

I read that, and it may be true or just written that way... was there video?
Lets count the adjectives used... that are subjective.
1. Disturbing/Sick (instead of sweet/playful)
2. Tiny (healthy kitten like mine)
3. Good Samaritan (Nosy Karen)
4. Save (it was fine)
5. Helpless (Perfectly fine)
6. Badly Battered (not a scratch on it)
7. Struggled (natural swim, all swimming can be called a struggle no matter the animal involved, but it does not mean something natural as swimming is life threatening struggle).

Again, they could of been cruel or not, judging by the picture all we have is the "offenders" were black. If there was a video I missed it, but I run so many adblock programs that it sometimes blocks things others see.

The reason I don't take articles like this more seriously is because the SPCA locally accused my wife's grandmother of cruelty when it wasn't. She had a dog that was plain stupid and bad to run in the busy road beside her house... so she chained it where it had a long lead and could go under the house in bad weather (had a warm area with clean linen). Plenty of food and water. But they drove by and it was standing in the rain and they accused her of animal cruelty. Ticked me off, perhaps they preferred to drive by and see it dead beside the road with flies crawling on it. It was just a dumb dog that she liked (she walked it daily)...
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 08:18:34 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2022, 08:18:30 pm »
I read that, and it may be true or just written that way... was there video?
Lets count the adjectives used... that are subjective.
1. Disturbing/Sick (instead of sweet/playful)
2. Tiny (healthy kitten like mine)
3. Good Samaritan (Nosy Karen)
4. Save (it was fine)
5. Helpless (Perfectly fine)
6. Badly Battered (not a scratch on it)
7. Struggled (natural swim, all swimming can be called a struggle no matter the animal involved, but it does not mean something natural as swimming is life threatening struggle).

Again, they could of been cruel or not, judging by the picture all we have is the "offenders" were black. If there was a video I missed it, but I run so many adblock programs that it sometimes blocks things others see.

The reason I don't take articles like this more seriously is because the SPCA locally accused my wife's grandmother of cruelty when it wasn't. She had a dog that was plain stupid and bad to run in the busy road beside her house... so she chained it where it had a long lead and could go under the house in bad weather (had a warm area with clean linen). Plenty of food and water. But they drove by and it was standing in the rain and they accused her of animal cruelty. Ticked me off, perhaps they preferred to drive by and see it dead beside the road with flies crawling on it.

@Sighlass

Video was recorded, and it does not look like these two were being playful with a kitten they cared for.

https://youtu.be/51uSJO_S9RY

Online DefiantMassRINO

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright