Author Topic: Critical race theory new priority for drought-stricken California's water board  (Read 1201 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Critical race theory new priority for drought-stricken California's water board
Tori Richards - Yesterday 10:03 PM

California is in a decadelong drought, but the government water boards have taken on a new priority as farms turn to dust: critical race theory.

The state water board and its nine local entities have been holding public hearings and staff retreats since May 3 to address inequality in doling out the state’s water supply among disadvantaged populations. The need to address California’s racist allocation of water and too-white board staff was highlighted by the Black Lives Matter movement, a state report says.

“The worldwide backlash against racism toward Black people and related Black Lives Matter protests of 2020 accelerated and informed the State Water Board’s decision to address racial inequities within the Water Boards and through the Water Boards’ work,” said the report, dated Nov. 16, 2021.

The report provided an action plan to promote staff training and communication to address racial bias. It did not mention the Central Valley, where most of California’s crops are grown. The population in several adjacent counties is upward of 65% Hispanic, according to the 2020 census, yet less than 20% have college educations, and poverty is a driving factor.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/critical-race-theory-new-priority-for-drought-stricken-california-s-water-board/ar-AA137z3U?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=2b98823e7fb74a68a770ca61e6863a70
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji