Author Topic: Senate Intel. Chair Warner: ‘I Don’t Know’ if Biden’s Taiwan Comments Are Just ‘Biden Being Joe Bide  (Read 384 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate Intel. Chair Warner: ‘I Don’t Know’ if Biden’s Taiwan Comments Are Just ‘Biden Being Joe Biden’ or a ‘Grand Strategy’

Ian Hanchett 18 Oct 2022

On Tuesday’s broadcast of CNBC’s “Squawk Box,” Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Sen. Mark Warner (D-VA) stated that he’s not sure whether President Joe Biden’s remarks about Taiwan are a situation where “this is Joe Biden being Joe Biden” or if it’s part of a larger strategy.

Warner stated, “I think we have to realize that, while most of the world’s focus has been, appropriately, on the Russia/Ukraine challenge, the circumstances with China, not only vis-a-vis Taiwan, but frankly, in terms of the technology competition with China, I think that’s the issue of our time.”

Co-host Becky Quick then asked, “I would say, what is our official policy on this? I know what our official policy is, but comments that have come from President Biden have confused and muddied the waters here.”

Warner responded, “I think the President — this is one of the ones where whether this is Joe Biden being Joe Biden or whether this was part of a grand strategy, I don’t know. I do think it has made clearer, I think we clearly maintain the One China Policy, but the President’s comments at least have been more than a brushback against the Chinese. It’s happened more than once.”

Warner added, “I think you need a level of strategic ambiguity. What you do not have with Taiwan is that set of neighbors that will come to Taiwan’s assistance the way there was with NATO vis-a-vis Ukraine. Obviously, South Korea, Japan, Australia, other nations in the neighborhood, but there’s no kind of formal alliance that would be NATO-esque in that part of the world. Again, though, I’m concerned about potential military activity, but I’m also concerned about the notion that if Xi put an economic blockade around Taiwan, when we still are dependent upon Taiwan for every one of our leading-edge semiconductor chips — now, we passed a law recently, the CHIPS bill, to bring some of that back to America. But in the interim, Taiwan’s where all of the cutting-edge chips that we buy for any advanced material in this country [come from].”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/10/18/senate-intel-chair-warner-i-dont-know-if-bidens-taiwan-comments-are-just-biden-being-joe-biden-or-a-grand-strategy/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
biden being Biden can get us all killed you dolt!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Warner: ‘I Don’t Know’ if Biden’s Taiwan Comments Are Just ‘Biden Being Joe Biden’ or a ‘Grand Strategy’

Yeah, you do.

(btw, "being Joe Biden" is synonymous with "being an idiot")
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DB

If I lived in Taiwan, I'd be looking for an exit.