Author Topic: Ex-Russian envoy to US says Biden wants Brittney Griner freed for midterm boost  (Read 493 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Ex-Russian envoy to US says Biden wants Brittney Griner freed for midterm boost
By Snejana Farberov   
October 18, 2022 10:22am

A former Russian ambassador to Washington has claimed that President Biden is desperate to secure Brittney Griner’s release to get a boost in next month’s midterm elections — but the WNBA star’s plight is not a priority for the Kremlin.

“In this tense situation, the way I see it, [Biden] thinks first and foremost about the upcoming midterm elections, which is why he keeps bringing up the need to return the basketball player who was arrested for delivering drugs,” said Yuri Ushakov during an interview that aired Sunday on the state-run Rossiya-1 channel, according to TASS.

“But this is not the most important issue that concerns us,” he added.

Ushakov served as Russia’s ambassador to the US from 1998 until 2008. Since 2012, he has been an adviser to Russian President Vladimir Putin on foreign policy issues.

Ushakov’s comments about Griner came ahead of her Oct. 25 appeal hearing, during which the two-time Olympic champion will attempt to have her nine-year sentence for drug possession thrown out.

more
https://nypost.com/2022/10/18/putins-aide-says-biden-wants-griner-freed-before-midterms/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

So, what is the asking price?

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
So, what is the asking price?
Too damn much for too little return. I find it quite amusing that the foreign policy and diplomacy expert Brandon insults leaders and nations and then expects them to do him a favor to influence an election. Again didn't these scumbag democrats impeach Trump for not actually doing the same thing?

Offline Kamaji

Too damn much for too little return. I find it quite amusing that the foreign policy and diplomacy expert Brandon insults leaders and nations and then expects them to do him a favor to influence an election. Again didn't these scumbag democrats impeach Trump for not actually doing the same thing?

Of course it'll be too much, at least for what the taxpayers get in exchange.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Americans are greatly suffering, but Pull-My-Finger Joe wants a PR stunt to give the Dems some kind of last minute voting bump.

Let them eat cake.
The Republic is lost.

Online Lando Lincoln

Biden has zero leverage with the Putin. Perhaps less than zero. But, he will disregard the cost and offer to pay. Then, if accepted, he will strut his tough guy bully strut.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Kamaji

Biden has zero leverage with the Putin. Perhaps less than zero. But, he will disregard the cost and offer to pay. Then, if accepted, he will strut his tough guy bully strut.

Most likely.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I say Putin should do nothing.  Let her serve her sentence for violating their laws.  It was NOT her first trip to Russia.  She knew their laws and she violated them.  In their eyes, she is a criminal.  She is no innocent, and does not have the ability to declare if I only knew.  The laws in Russia are harsh on drugs.  She ignored it all, and now she must pay for her crimes.

:amen: