Author Topic: ‘I Was Deceived’: New York City Residents Blast Biden’s Border Policies  (Read 390 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

‘I Was Deceived’: New York City Residents Blast Biden’s Border Policies
Harold HutchisonSeptember 28, 20220

Residents of New York City tore into President Joe Biden over border policies in video interviews aired Tuesday evening on Fox News.

Host Jesse Watters introduced a segment of New York City residents reacting to plans by Democratic Mayor Eric Adams to build a tent city to house migrants, some of whom were bused to New York by Republican Govs. Greg Abbott of Texasand Doug Ducey of Arizona.

“I thought it was some type of a joke. Why would they do this? Why not house them elsewhere? They take our money and do whatever they want with it,” one resident said.

“Why don’t they put it in Gracie Mansion by his house?” another resident asked. “Put it by the mayor’s house. Do you know what I mean?”

Others were adamant they did not vote for the tent city.

https://www.conservativedailynews.com/2022/09/i-was-deceived-new-york-city-residents-blast-bidens-border-policies/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I love the smell of schadenfreude in the morning.
The Republic is lost.

Online Hoodat

‘I Was Deceived’

No, you weren't deceived.  You just didn't care.  You voted for the racist with dementia who was kept hidden away in his basement during campaign season.  You weren't deceived.  You knew what you were doing.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

Just as a man can evade reality and act on the blind whim of any given moment, but can achieve nothing save progressive self-destruction — so a society can evade reality and establish a system ruled by the blind whims of its members or its leaders, by the majority gang of any given moment, by the current demagogue or by a permanent dictator. But such a society can achieve nothing save the rule of brute force and a state of progressive self-destruction.

-Ayn Rand-

Democrats can evade reality.  But they cannot evade the consequences of reality.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Kamaji

No, you weren't deceived.  You just didn't care.  You voted for the racist with dementia who was kept hidden away in his basement during campaign season.  You weren't deceived.  You knew what you were doing.

Yup.