Author Topic: Midterms 2022 updates: MTG predicts McCarthy will 'give me a lot of power' should GOP win Congress  (Read 174 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Midterms 2022 updates: MTG predicts McCarthy will 'give me a lot of power' should GOP win Congress

9:10 AM Oct 18, 2022
Marjorie Taylor Greene predicts McCarthy will 'give me a lot of power' should GOP win Congress
Cami Mondeaux

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) has advice for House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy should the Republican Party win control of Congress in November, and it includes giving the Georgia congresswoman a boost in political standing.

In order to "please the base," Greene predicts McCarthy will award her with "a lot of power and a lot of leeway," according to a New York Times Magazine piece by Robert Draper. Greene was previously stripped of her House committee assignments in February 2021 for controversial comments she made, including threats to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and suggestions the Parkland shooting was a "false flag operation."

"And if he doesn’t, they’re going to be very unhappy about it," Greene told Draper. "I think that’s the best way to read that. And that’s not in any way a threat at all. I just think that’s reality.”

Not only that, Greene wants an influential position — namely, on the House Oversight and Judiciary committees.

"I completely deserve it," she said. "I’ve been treated like [expletive]. I have been treated like garbage."

McCarthy has reportedly told Greene that he would not only reinstate her to a committee position but that she would receive a "better" assignment, according to Draper.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/live-blog/midterm-elections-2022-debate-night-kemp-abrams-ryan-vance
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online rustynail

Too Much Talk!!