Author Topic: Has the Army finally found a replacement for the Bradley Fighting Vehicle?  (Read 144 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Has the Army finally found a replacement for the Bradley Fighting Vehicle?
Jeff Schogol - 5h ago

For decades, the Army’s quixotic adventure to replace the Bradley Fighting Vehicle has failed to produce tangible results, but a new design by American Rheinmetall raises the prospect that the service’s torturous search for a Bradley replacement will not go on indefinitely.

Five companies are taking part in the concept design phase for the Army’s Optionally Manned Fighting Vehicle program, which aims to finally replace the more than 40-year-old Bradley with a new fighting vehicle that can either be manned or remotely operated and allow dismounted service members to destroy targets at ranges beyond the enemy’s ability to strike back.

In July, the Army announced that it expects to select which company will produce the vehicle by the end of fiscal year 2027, and the first units are scheduled to receive the new OMFVs in fiscal year 2029.

American Rheinmetall, a U.S. subsidiary of a German armaments firm, recently presented a conceptual mockup of a modified version of its Lynx vehicle as its submission for the OMFV competition, said Michael Milner, director of business and development and strategy for the company.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/has-the-army-finally-found-a-replacement-for-the-bradley-fighting-vehicle/ar-AA133tsG?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=e22f969d90a94cd9bb9f73f7790c47d4
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson