Author Topic: Bernie Sanders Says American Rescue Plan Had No Impact On Inflation  (Read 197 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Brianna Lyman
News and Commentary Writer
October 16, 2022 12:00 PM ET
Font Size:

Independent Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders said Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press” that President Joe Biden’s “American Rescue Plan” did not contribute to record high inflation rates.

Inflation increased at 0.4% in September from August while “core” inflation, which measures the price of goods excluding food and energy, hit a 40-year-high, data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics show. Core inflation rose 6.6% year-over-year while the Consumer Price Index fell to 8.2% overall year-over-year despite spiking 0.4% in August.

“Senator, do you accept the criticism that the American Rescue Plan, passed in early 2021, contributed to the current inflation issue we’re dealing with now?” host Chuck Todd asked.

“No, I don’t. Inflation right now, as I’m sure you know Chuck, is an international problem. In Germany, is is 10%, U.K it is 10%, Canada, it is 7%. Inflation globally is caused by the pandemic and the break in supply chains,” Sanders said.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2022/10/16/bernie-sanders-american-rescue-plan-inflation/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Bernie Sanders Says American Rescue Plan Had No Impact On Inflation
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2022, 04:10:59 pm »
What would a communist that never held a real job, did any real work let alone run a business know about inflation? The only inflation Sanders has ever experienced is the inflation of his bank account due to graft.

Offline Killer Clouds

Re: Bernie Sanders Says American Rescue Plan Had No Impact On Inflation
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2022, 05:13:00 pm »
I don't care what comrade Sanders says, people can see he is wrong.