Author Topic: For Maj. Gen. Bobbi Shea, this is the key to success as a Marine  (Read 142 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
For Maj. Gen. Bobbi Shea, this is the key to success as a Marine
By Hope Hodge Seck
 Friday, Oct 14

The way Maj. Gen. Roberta “Bobbi” Shea tells it, she was a somewhat aimless teenager working at a Wendy’s in her hometown of Dover, New Hampshire, in 1985 when a phone call from a Marine Corps recruiter changed her life.

Nearly four decades later, she has a resume to rival that of any Marine Corps officer ― and career momentum that could well propel her to greater positions of authority. In the Corps, which has never had a female four-star general, her rising star is one to watch.

But that’s not something Shea really wants to talk about.

Now 56-years-old and serving as legislative assistant to the commandant at the Pentagon, she repeatedly invokes luck and good fortune when discussing an impressive career, which has included a year as a White House fellow; a stint as acting deputy assistant secretary of defense for East Asia, a post typically held by civilians; a tour in command of 4th Recruit Training Battalion at Parris Island, South Carolina; and a ground-floor role in establishing I Marine Expeditionary Force Information Group in 2017.

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/your-marine-corps/2022/10/14/for-maj-gen-bobbi-shea-this-is-the-key-to-success-as-a-marine/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson