Author Topic: Near-freezing temperatures could establish new record lows across a wide swath of the South.  (Read 192 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 Near-freezing temperatures could establish new record lows across a wide swath of the South.

La Troy Thornton - Yesterday 8:44 AM

The coldest air of the season has the South in its sights and near-freezing temperatures could set new record lows across a wide swath of the region.

AccuWeather meteorologists are tracking a powerful disturbance as it sweeps through the central and eastern United States. While this storm brings the first snowflakes of the season to parts of the Northeast, areas farther south will be in line for a dose of bitter cold that some may not be accustomed to handling so early in the season.

"A shot of unseasonably cold air is headed for the mid-South early this week. Overnight lows are expected to be near- to below freezing Tuesday and Wednesday nights," summarized AccuWeather Meteorologist Joe Curtis.

The period from Monday night through Thursday morning looks to be the most frigid in the South as residents of Nashville, Tennessee, and Birmingham, Alabama, will wake up to lows near or just below freezing each day.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/near-freezing-temperatures-could-establish-new-record-lows-across-a-wide-swath-of-the-south/ar-AA130EUG?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=625217290f364355a74c9fbd84cf6c83
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Thank the Lord for global warming or it would really be cold. 000hehehehe
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson