Author Topic: Soldiers say goodbye to beloved military working dog who saved lives in Afghanistan  (Read 186 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Soldiers say goodbye to beloved military working dog who saved lives in Afghanistan

“CCruz was more like a son to me rather than just a dog.”

BY HALEY BRITZKY | PUBLISHED OCT 14, 2022 2:07 PM

Soldiers bid farewell this week to CCruz, a beloved explosive-detection dog at Fort Benning, Georgia, who Task & Purpose met earlier this year.

CCruz, a 5-year-old Belgian Malinois, was assigned to the 904th Military Working Dog Detachment at Fort Benning. He was on a mission in New York in support of the United Nations General Assembly last month with his handler Spc. Austin Ramos when it was “discovered that he had terminal widespread cancer which would have resulted in prolonged suffering,” according to a press release from Fort Benning.

CCruz was laid to rest on Sept. 23.

Soldiers say goodbye to beloved military working dog who saved lives in Afghanistan

“For the better part of five years, CCruz was more like a son to me rather than just a dog,” Ramos said in the release. “He served as my protector while deployed and my best friend while stateside. Words can’t describe the love I will always have for this dog.”

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/army-military-working-dog-fort-benning-ccruz/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Obama had thousands of well trained military dogs to death, PETA remained silent.  Will Biden do the same as Obama?
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions