Author Topic: Summers: ‘Inflation’s Got a Lot of Momentum’ — Best Figures Are ‘Not Decelerating’  (Read 368 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Summers: ‘Inflation’s Got a Lot of Momentum’ — Best Figures Are ‘Not Decelerating’

Ian Hanchett 15 Oct 2022

During an interview aired on Friday’s broadcast of Bloomberg’s “Wall Street Week,” Harvard Professor, economist, Director of the National Economic Council under President Barack Obama, and Treasury Secretary under President Bill Clinton Larry Summers said that there is “a lot of momentum” for inflation and that the numbers he looks at show that “inflation’s not really coming down very fast, if it’s coming down at all, and that it’s way above the 2% target or any acceptable level.”

Summers said, “Inflation’s got a lot of momentum. The best single measure to look at for inflation is a kind of super core measure, which is wages or you can look at the median component of inflation. They’ve just been running strong for a long time and not decelerating. So, I think team transitory is engaged in a lot of wishful thinking.”

He added, “I’m looking at core measures. I’m looking at super core measures that take housing out, take used cars out, in addition to taking food and energy out. I’m looking at the so-called median inflation component, whatever product it is, that’s right in the middle. I’m looking at the so-called trimmed mean that looks at the middle half of the distribution of product prices. And very crucially for me, I’m looking at wages, which is a kind of super core measure because labor goes into everything. And all of those are saying that inflation’s not really coming down very fast, if it’s coming down at all, and that it’s way above the 2% target or any acceptable level.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/10/15/summers-inflations-got-a-lot-of-momentum-best-figures-are-not-decelerating/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

‘Inflation’s Got a Lot of Momentum’

You got that right.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
I tell ya....

When left of center economist are screaming this, you get an idea how badly Biden and his lackeys are lying about the inflationary state of our economy.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.