Author Topic: Nike co-founder Phil Knight declares war on Democrats in Oregon  (Read 246 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Nike co-founder Phil Knight declares war on Democrats in Oregon
« on: October 16, 2022, 08:32:22 pm »
 October 16, 2022 1:48pm EDT
Nike co-founder Phil Knight declares war on Democrats in Oregon
Knight has invested millions into Democrat Tina Kotek's opponents, and polls show a Republican lead
By Anders Hagstrom | Fox News

Nike co-founder Phil Knight says he will do anything to block Democrats from keeping their hold on Oregon's gubernatorial seat Saturday.

Knight, 84, has poured cash into the campaigns of Democrat Tina Kotek's opponents in the governors race. He helped to kickstart a campaign from Betsy Johnson, a former Democrat running as an independent, who is serving as a major spoiler for Kotek.

Johnson's candidacy is giving Republican Christinze Drazan the opportunity she needs in a liberal electorate no longer confident in the state's recent far-left policies.

"One of the political cartoons after our legislative session had a person snorting cocaine out of a mountain of white," Knight told the New York Times on Saturday. "It said, ‘Which of these is illegal in Oregon?’ And the answer was the plastic straw."

Knight went on to describe himself as "an anti-Tina person," to NYT.

Oregon has not elected a Republican governor since 1982, but polls show Drazan with a solid chance of taking the election. An Oct. 13 polling average from FiveThirtyEight has Drazan at a 3-point lead over Kotek, with 37.4% and 34.3% respectively. Meanwhile, Johnson sits at just 16.4% support.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nike-co-founder-phil-knight-declares-war-democrats-oregon
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Re: Nike co-founder Phil Knight declares war on Democrats in Oregon
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2022, 08:59:52 pm »
Hogwash.  Nike set the bar for "wokeness"

I smell a hidden agenda.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

Re: Nike co-founder Phil Knight declares war on Democrats in Oregon
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2022, 09:40:02 pm »
Hogwash.  Nike set the bar for "wokeness"

I smell a hidden agenda.
Yes, they did. They're among the worst. And I don't have much regard for Mr. Knight. Perhaps he just knows that the commie Tina would be bad for business, including his. This story from Willamette Week talks about his initial support for former state Sen. Betsy Johnson, a Democrat running "unaffiliated" (whatever that means in Oregon)
... Knight, 84, is clearly living rent-free in Democrats’ minds.

Once a supporter of Democratic candidates for governor—he backed former Govs. Neil Goldschmidt, John Kitzhaber and Ted Kulongoski—Knight dabbled with GOP nominee Chris Dudley in 2010 ($400,000) and went big for Republican Knute Buehler in 2018 ($2.5 million).

In the current cycle, Knight has given $2 million to GOP legislative PACs, $3.75 million to Johnson, and now $1 million to Drazan.

Knight’s abrupt shift from Johnson to Drazan followed polling showing Johnson had almost no chance for victory. But it still sparked accusations that Knight never really supported Johnson and gave her money only to strip malleable voters away from Kotek.  ...
Kotek is bought and paid for by unions, apparently; don't know whether that's another factor.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org