Author Topic: Xi Jinping Suggests China Could Invade Taiwan—Prompting Applause  (Read 333 times)

Offline mountaineer

Meanwhile, the American media breathlessly report that Joe Biden had a chocolate chip cone at Baskin Robbins.
Xi Jinping Suggests China Could Invade Taiwan—Prompting Applause
Khaleda Rahman
Oct. 16, 2022
NEWSWEEK via MSN

In a major speech, President Xi Jinping has said China would "never promise to renounce the use of force" against Taiwan—prompting applause from delegates.

"We will continue to strive for peaceful reunification," Xi said as the Chinese Communist Party's 20th National Congress kicked off in Beijing. "But we will never promise to renounce the use of force. And we reserve the option of taking all measures necessary."

Taiwan has maintained a separate government from China since 1949, but China claims the self-ruled island as part of its territory.

Unification of the two sides "will be achieved," Xi said, according to the Associated Press. ...
Jack Posobiec 🇺🇸
@JackPosobiec
BREAKING: Xi Jinping opens CCP summit by announcing full control of Hong Kong has been achieved, that Taiwan is next
11:58 PM · Oct 15, 2022
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Re: Xi Jinping Suggests China Could Invade Taiwan—Prompting Applause
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2022, 11:45:46 am »
Global Times
@globaltimesnews
China state-affiliated media
Xi Jinping said on Sunday that the Communist Party of China (CPC) will implement its overall policy for resolving the Taiwan question in the new era, and unswervingly advance the cause of national reunification. His remarks prompted long and loud applause in the meeting hall.
12:05 AM · Oct 16, 2022
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Xi Jinping Suggests China Could Invade Taiwan—Prompting Applause
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2022, 12:08:14 pm »
I have been worried about this myself. LOTS of people seem to be scared that the Neo-Soviet Union will use nukes to subdue Ukraine,and that this will lead to nuclear war.

I wish I could say "That is preposterous!",but I can't. Putin is obviously insulated from reality,which is a condition shared by every dictator in history.

The same can be said for the freaking Chinese.

Unfortunately,there is nothing we can do to slap them back into line.

If China and the Neo Soviet Union choose to take this path,there WILL be another world war. Not that reality is ever allowed to intrude into the thoughts of dictators until it is time to back them against a wall and shoot them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!