Author Topic: In a twist for first ladies, Jill Biden is diving into the midterms  (Read 664 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 In a twist for first ladies, Jill Biden is diving into the midterms
by Alex Gangitano - 10/15/22 3:00 PM ET

First lady Jill Biden is traversing the country in the final weeks before the midterm elections, adding several stops to her already travel-heavy time in the White House and outstripping her recent predecessors in terms of campaign appearances and active fundraising.

Biden this week visited Tennessee, Wisconsin, Georgia and Florida. Her solo trips, while President Biden has been traveling out west this week, have been focused on top issues for her portfolio, including education, the military and COVID-19, but also include fundraising for Democrats.

The first lady on Wednesday told a group of donors at a private Democratic National Committee (DNC) fundraiser in Nashville’s Hillsboro-West End neighborhood that “we have to act now” ahead of November.

“Just imagine what he could do with a few more partners in Congress,” Biden said.

In 2018, former first lady Melania Trump was mostly out of sight on the campaign trail during the midterms. Even in the final days before the election, she opted to stay home while then-President Trump held campaign rallies across the country.

Former first lady Michelle Obama was known to have a distaste for campaigning — setting out in support of Democrats only in the last few days of the 2016 cycle, during her husband’s final months in office. During the 2014 midterms, some Democrats complained about her absence beyond things such as get-out-the-vote efforts.

“The first lady will be an active campaigner for Democrats this fall and will carry a message of optimism and hope, focusing on the accomplishments of her husband’s administration,” a senior adviser to Jill Biden told The Hill.

Biden will frequently spread the message that “Joe is delivering results,” and she plans to use her “personal experience and perspective as a woman who lived in the pre-Roe era,” to remind women what’s at stake in the election, the adviser said.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/3688832-in-a-twist-for-first-ladies-jill-biden-is-diving-into-the-midterms/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Re: In a twist for first ladies, Jill Biden is diving into the midterms
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2022, 08:05:53 pm »
I had thought that it was normal for the President to campaign in off-year elections.  Jill is simply doing what every other President has done.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2022, 08:10:36 pm »
“The first lady will be an active campaigner for Democrats this fall and will carry a message of optimism and hope, focusing on the accomplishments of her husband’s administration,” a senior adviser to Jill Biden told The Hill.
I disagree. Having the wife out front and the husband following, Fetterman/Biden, indicates weakness, incompetence, and frailty. It is the very definition of a Beto, I mean a beta-male. This is not meant to be sexist at all. Voters (supposedly) voted for Joe. Nobody voted for Jill. Who is her base? Who are Jill Biden's supporters? So far, nobody. But the same could be said of Joe, of course. So ... whatever
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2022, 09:24:10 pm »
I disagree. Having the wife out front and the husband following, Fetterman/Biden, indicates weakness, incompetence, and frailty. It is the very definition of a Beto, I mean a beta-male. This is not meant to be sexist at all. Voters (supposedly) voted for Joe. Nobody voted for Jill. Who is her base? Who are Jill Biden's supporters? So far, nobody. But the same could be said of Joe, of course. So ... whatever
I thought the real Biden voters came with six-foot circles so they'd be easy to spot...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2022, 03:00:37 am »
“Just imagine what he (Biden) could do with a few more partners in Congress,” Biden said.

There's a tagline R's should include in their ads -----

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2022, 03:42:40 am »
"The Taco Tour, 2022"

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2022, 11:08:06 am »
Jill Bidens tour is being sponsored by Rooms To Go.  Joe's by La-Z-Boy.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2022, 01:19:55 pm »
She should be in charge of outreach to hispanics. Si se pwodway! Have a breakfast taco.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2022, 01:47:37 pm »
From the article….

focusing on the accomplishments of her husband’s administration,” a senior adviser to Jill Biden told The Hill.

The American people have already seen these accomplishments
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2022, 02:08:05 pm »
From the article….

focusing on the accomplishments of her husband’s administration,” a senior adviser to Jill Biden told The Hill.

Why in the heck does the first lady require a taxpayer-funded senior advisor?  And how is a senior advisor different from a regular advisor?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2022, 04:38:08 pm »
Why in the heck does the first lady require a taxpayer-funded senior advisor?  And how is a senior advisor different from a regular advisor?
Apparently, none of her advisors knows anything about fashion.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2022, 04:46:47 pm »
How can you say that, they are some of the best interior designer/upholsterers out there :silly:
« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 04:47:45 pm by GtHawk »

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2022, 04:47:01 pm »

They must stay at a lot Holiday Inn Expresses.  Inspiration is found on the walls.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.