Author Topic: La Niña winter now 75% likely. Here's when it ends  (Read 164 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
La Niña winter now 75% likely. Here's when it ends
« on: October 15, 2022, 10:42:06 am »
La Niña winter now 75% likely. Here's when it ends
Nick Bannin - Yesterday 12:22 PM

AUSTIN (KXAN) - The mid-October El Niño – Southern Oscillation (ENSO) update from the Climate Prediction Center and the Columbia Climate School points toward an even higher probability of a third winter in a row of La Niña, increasing the odds over previous forecasts.

How this winter’s La nina could impact next summer
A month ago, the odds of La Niña continuing through winter (December-February) were at 65%, but the latest forecast odds have jumped to 75%.

What does a La Niña mean for Central Texas?
La Niña is a climate pattern resulting from cooler-than-normal temperatures in the central and eastern tropical Pacific Ocean that can have impacts across the globe.

A winter La Niña typically brings a warmer-than-normal and drier-than-normal period in the South, with the North tending to be wetter and colder.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/la-ni%C3%B1a-winter-now-75-likely-here-s-when-it-ends/ar-AA12Yca3?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=84c22d786acd49a199308e0af3f60dc6
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson