Author Topic: UNDER NEW THC RULES, AIR FORCE RECRUITS CAN STILL ‘AIM HIGH’ EVEN IF THEY’VE BEEN HIGH  (Read 240 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
UNDER NEW THC RULES, AIR FORCE RECRUITS CAN STILL ‘AIM HIGH’ EVEN IF THEY’VE BEEN HIGH
October 14, 2022 ·Joshua Skovlund

The Air Force has long told recruits they should join to “Aim High.” Now they can join even if they have been high.

A pilot program launched late last month will allow recruits disqualified for having tested positive for THC — a psychoactive compound found in marijuana — to retest three months later. Recruits usually face a urinalysis test for THC and other banned substances late in the recruiting process, often at a final Military Entrance Processing Station, or MEPS.

The program brings the Air Force in line with similar second-chance programs in the Army and Navy as all three services face recruiting struggles.

An Air Force spokesperson told Coffee or Die Magazine that while recruiters are now reaching out to previously barred applicants, few candidates are eligible. Chrissy Cuttita, an Air Force Recruiting Service Public Affairs representative, said that very few candidates have actually washed out due to urinalysis tests that find THC.

https://www.coffeeordie.com/aim-high-thc
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
What a plan!!!  Get junkies handling high explosives and nukes!! :dynamite:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson