Author Topic: The high price of Biden’s foolish energy policy and Saudi squabble  (Read 162 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The high price of Biden’s foolish energy policy and Saudi squabble
Opinion by Liz Peek, Opinion Contributor - Yesterday 12:00 PM

President Biden is very upset with Saudi Arabia. He asked the Arab state to help him out by delaying a cut in OPEC+ production targets until after the midterm elections, and the kingdom turned him down. There will be, Biden warned, “consequences.”

Of course, that’s not how the White House is spinning the story. Contradicting reporting from multiple sources (including the Saudis), an unnamed “U.S. official” declared that linking the requested delay to the voting was “categorically false.”

Democrats hope voters will blame Saudi Arabia when their heating bills soar as much as 28 percent this winter, as the Energy Information Agency recently warned would likely happen, or as gasoline prices continue to climb.

They hope Americans will not wonder why Saudi Arabia can again dictate oil prices for the United States, the world’s largest oil and gas producer and a country that had only recently achieved energy independence for the first time since 1957.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/the-high-price-of-biden-s-foolish-energy-policy-and-saudi-squabble/ar-AA12XHC9?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=976dd10554ea4008856a1f520c0193db

The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson