Author Topic: PATHETIC: ABC Spins Sky High Inflation as ‘Good News for Social Security Recipients’  (Read 595 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Good Morning America co-host George Stephanopoulos may no longer be an official paid operative of the Democratic Party, but he’s clearly still doing the same work. The former aide to Bill Clinton parroted Biden White House Chief of Staff Ron Klain’s spin that sky high inflation is actually good news for Social Security recipients. A similarly desperate attempt was made on CBS.

Talking to reporter Mary Bruce about the latest bad economic news, Stephanopoulos insisted, “Inflation is, in some ways, good news for Social Security recipients.”

The GMA host’s attempt at good news echoed talking points tweeted from Klain on Thursday: “For the first time in a decade, SS benefits will go up while Medicare premiums are going DOWN. So Seniors will get ahead on inflation.”

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/scott-whitlock/2022/10/14/pathetic-abc-spins-sky-high-inflation-good-news-social-security

------------

'Hey well you know that guy shot and killed his girlfriend, but at least we know he used a decent enough gun that didn't jam!'

Somehow I don't think the woke Left would go for that.
The Republic is lost.

Offline LMAO

If we had a press, instead of Democrat activists disguised as journalist, they would ask were the money to pay an increase in Social Security cost of living is coming from
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline cato potatoe

I hope Biden repeats this.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Biden: I'm giving everyone a 10% raise!
Consumer: But inflation is over 20% in real terms.
Biden: Fuel costs are coming down by $1 dollar a gallon!
Consumer: But fuel costs are up by $3 dollars a gallon.
Biden: Everybody is going to get a big tax refund this year!
Consumer: But you stole more from me than ever before.

The Democrats treat everyone like children. Democrats believe that they are the elite rulers and everyone else is a fool. Funny thing is, most of the time they are right.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline dfwgator

"Inflation is our friend."

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
OMG! Good news for me on social security? Let's see I have had 10 months of escalating costs for food and goods with no end in site. My Medicare payments were also inflated for a year but I'm supposed to be happy because my payments will be about $4.50 less next year? I'm going to get a 8.7% Cola next year but does that even constitute a break even with constantly escalating inflation, fuel and food prices? Only a dumbass democrat would consider this good news and that getting with Sky High Inflation as ‘Good News for Social Security Recipients’

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Either they are idiots, or they think we are.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline andy58-in-nh

Either they are idiots, or they think we are.

Or both.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
OMG! Good news for me on social security? Let's see I have had 10 months of escalating costs for food and goods with no end in site. My Medicare payments were also inflated for a year but I'm supposed to be happy because my payments will be about $4.50 less next year? I'm going to get a 8.7% Cola next year but does that even constitute a break even with constantly escalating inflation, fuel and food prices? Only a dumbass democrat would consider this good news and that getting with Sky High Inflation as ‘Good News for Social Security Recipients’

Yep...we're in the same boat... 9999hair out0000
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Yep...we're in the same boat... 9999hair out0000

It's worse.  I have to offset that extra expense with withdrawals from our 401 K.  But that is shrinking faster than Inflation is growing.  We are so Fu(ked. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.