Author Topic: CNN writer frets Americans care more about 'cost of French fries' than 'compelling' Jan. 6 committee  (Read 465 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
October 13, 2022 2:21pm EDT
CNN writer frets Americans care more about 'cost of French fries' than 'compelling' Jan. 6 committee
CNN piece says people often don't realize democracy dying until it's 'too late'

By Nikolas Lanum | Fox News

A new CNN analysis fretted that American voters might care more about the cost of their food than they do about the Jan. 6 hearings.

Noting Thursday’s Consumer Price Index data which showed inflation reaching 8.2% in September, as well as a cost-of-living index at its highest level since 1982, CNN's Stephen Collinson noted polling has repeatedly reinforced that the economy is the top concern to voters heading into the midterm elections. The data included information about frozen potato products, as well as pork products, which have increased 10% and 5.5%, respectively.

"While it would be too simplistic to say voters are more preoccupied with the cost of French fries than the price of democratic freedoms, it wouldn’t be far from the mark," Collinson wrote.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-writer-frets-americans-care-more-about-cost-french-fries-compelling-jan-6-committee
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Looks like it's CNN's 'let them eat cake' moment.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
A single french fry is worth more than the entire Jan 6 committee.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

French fries, the electric bill, milk ... yep. Things that matter, not Cheney's theatre of the absurd.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

Shame on you, unwashed masses!  How trite of you to worry about providing food, shelter, and heat for your family!

Don't you Neanderthals understand that the Democracy that doesn't give a turd about you and your family is at stake?

Do you really want evil greedy corporate racist homophobic xenophobic white-supremacist GOP hate mongers to allow domestic energy producers to lower the cost of energy?

Is that what you want - lower energy prices and an end to inflation?

Don't you knuckledraggers understand that progressive Dems are fighting to save future generations of children from the poisoned planet legacy of bovine flatulence and belching?

Is the destruction of our nation too much for you close-minded, ignorant troglodytes to pay for a world free of farting and belching cows?

You should leave governing to the progressive Dems who are better and smarter than you domestic beer swilling, red meat eating deplorables.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 04:28:52 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Hoodat

CNN writer frets Americans care more about 'cost of French fries' than 'compelling' Jan. 6 committee

Guilty as charged.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

I walked through the grocery store today NOT buying the things I usually buy, because they're at least 33% higher than they were a year ago. Sorry that offends the elites at CNN.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline dfwgator

When President Camacho understands Americans better than Biden

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig446isvXlI