Author Topic: Biden again vows to ban ‘assault weapons’ if Dems control Congress after midterms  (Read 561 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
American Military News  October 13, 2022 Liz George

President Joe Biden once again vowed to pass an “assault weapons” ban during an interview with CNN’s Jake Tapper on Tuesday. The promise comes just weeks ahead of midterm elections.

Biden made the remarks after Tapper pressed Biden on how his age impacts his ability to handle the demands of the White House.

“Look what I’ve gotten done. Name me a president in recent history that’s gotten as much done as I have in the first two years. Not a joke. You may not like what I’ve gotten done, but the vast majority of the American people do like what I got done, and so it’s a matter of can you do the job,” Biden said. “I believe I can do that job. I’ve been able to do the job. I’ve gotten more done. I’ve gotten the Inflation Reduction – I got all of these pieces of legislation passed. And I ran on that. I said this is what I was gonna do.”

This isn’t the first time Biden has promised to ban “assault weapons.” In August, Biden said he would ban the weapons if Democrats retain control of Congress after the midterm elections in November.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2022/10/video-biden-again-vows-to-ban-assault-weapons-if-dems-control-congress-after-midterms/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpzMfAKN9aQ&t=839s

Offline Kamaji

Online mountaineer

the vast majority of the American people do like what I got done

Ahead of Midterm Elections, Biden’s Net Approval Rating Is Underwater in 45 States
... If voters interpret next month’s midterm elections as a referendum on President Joe Biden’s job performance, Morning Consult Political Intelligence tracking suggests Democrats are in for a shellacking, with majorities of voters in 41 states disapproving of his work in office in the third quarter of 2022.

The surveys indicate Biden may be weighing down the environment his party’s vulnerable senators are facing even further as they endure consistent attacks from their Republican challengers. However, those lawmakers also look positioned to share at least some votes with Republican governors who are also on the ballot next month.

Biden’s net approval rating — the share who approve of his job performance minus the share who disapprove — is underwater in 45 states, per daily tracking surveys conducted July 1-Sept. 30. In terms of the president’s popularity in national surveys, July was one of his worst months, before things improved for him in August and leveled out a bit in September.  ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online andy58-in-nh

What part of two major Supreme Court decisions saying that Congress cannot ban commonly-used firearms does he not understand?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
What part of two major Supreme Court decisions saying that Congress cannot ban commonly-used firearms does he not understand?
All of it, remember Brandon lives in a fantasyland, always has. And recall also that Brandon was near the bottom of his class in law school so he is more qualified to determine what is constitutional or not better than anyone on the Supreme Court(ok he may be as qualified as three of the justices).