Author Topic: ELECTRIC VEHICLE PLANS WILL GIVE TROOPS TACTICAL EDGE  (Read 243 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
ELECTRIC VEHICLE PLANS WILL GIVE TROOPS TACTICAL EDGE
« on: October 14, 2022, 11:42:49 am »
ELECTRIC VEHICLE PLANS WILL GIVE TROOPS TACTICAL EDGE

22. (Jen Milbrett for AUSA)
Photo by: Jen Milbrett for AUSAWed, 10/12/2022 - 16:24

Army plans to field hybrid-drive tactical vehicles by 2035 and fully electric tactical vehicles by 2050 align with a broader service strategy to slow climate change and transition more fully to renewable energy sources.

But the Army’s top acquisition official says this move will also make soldiers more effective against the enemy.

Speaking Oct. 12 at the Association of the U.S. Army’s Annual Meeting and Exposition, Assistant Army Secretary for Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Doug Bush said future electric vehicles will create the opportunity to integrate directed energy weapons and other cutting-edge tools. That’s due not only to the hybrid electric engine, he said, but also the underlying energy power system that will enable that system.

https://www.ausa.org/news/electric-vehicle-plans-will-give-troops-tactical-edge
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: ELECTRIC VEHICLE PLANS WILL GIVE TROOPS TACTICAL EDGE
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2022, 11:46:43 am »
Army plans to field hybrid-drive tactical vehicles by 2035 and fully electric tactical vehicles by 2050 align with a broader service strategy to slow climate change and transition more fully to renewable energy sources.

create the opportunity to integrate directed energy weapons and other cutting-edge tools. That’s due not only to the hybrid electric engine, he said, but also the underlying energy power system that will enable that system.

This is all very commendable but what about combat skills or does our military think they will cow the enemy with all this "commendable" crap? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2022, 12:35:52 pm »
The enemy troops, that is.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2022, 01:08:06 pm »
They'll blow up real good and the fire will burn for weeks.  Better than flairs to alert the enemy.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.