Author Topic: New monument unveiled honoring sacrifice of Navy corpsmen  (Read 155 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New monument unveiled honoring sacrifice of Navy corpsmen
« on: October 14, 2022, 11:51:11 am »
New monument unveiled honoring sacrifice of Navy corpsmen
By Jonathan Lehrfeld
 Oct 13, 11:21 AM

A new memorial was unveiled at the Lejeune Memorial Gardens yesterday in honor of Navy hospital corpsmen who have long fought alongside Marines.

The dedication ceremony, held just outside Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune, was attended by Navy and Marine leadership, current and former service members and the Navy Corpsmen Memorial Organization, a group that fundraised for the memorial’s creation for over a decade.

“A group of people, both civilian and military, gathered together and discussed the feasibility of creating an organization to build a memorial honoring the Fleet Marine Force Corpsmen,” Kris Burritt, a founding member of the Corpsmen Memorial Foundation, said in a Navy release.

“In January 2008, such an organization was founded comprised of active duty and retired corpsmen, Marines and civilians who pledged to do just that.”

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2022/10/13/new-monument-unveiled-honoring-sacrifice-of-navy-corpsmen/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: New monument unveiled honoring sacrifice of Navy corpsmen
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2022, 11:52:35 am »
What an irony Lejeune was chosen for a monument to medical personnel. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson